- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Eco Travel Travel Articles
Part of the reason we travel is because we love this Earth we live on, but as the population soars and the way we live impacts that Earth, it’s vital to be cognizant of traveling responsibly. BootsnAll partners with several tour companies who focus on eco-friendly travel, and the following 40+ articles offer tips and advice for traveling with sustainability in mind.
- 10 Activities for Animal Loving Travelers
- Whether trekking with llamas in New Zealand, searching for the elusive tiger in India, or learning to gallop the plains like a real-life cowboy, these 10 adventures will get you up close and personal with some of the world’s most incredible wildlife.
- 10 Festivals that Celebrate Local Produce
- From sampling witchetty grubs at New Zealand’s Wildfood Festival to mud sliding in South Korea or munching on oyster tacos to celebrate the Californian oyster harvest, these 10 festivals are some of the world’s most unique celebrations of local produce.
- Paradise on a Budget: Eco Retreats that Won’t Break the Bank
- From a detox and yoga retreat in Thailand to Mexican eco-casitas and even a Hawaiian surf camp, here are 8 eco-conscious resorts where you won’t have to max out the credit card.
- 10 of Europe’s Most Eco-Friendly Cities
- From free bicycle rentals, hybrid taxi-cabs, and bustling farmer’s markets to inner city renewable energy zones, these 10 cities top the rankings when it comes to Europe’s most eco-friendly cities.
- 8 Ways to Get Up Close to Sustainable Beverage Makers
- There's a lot of talk these days about eating organic, local and sustainable food. But what about your favorite drinks? These eight beverage makers know a thing or two about sustainable practices, and the best thing is, their doors are open to visitors.
- Seven of the Best Eco-friendly Experiences in South America
- From tree climbing in the Amazonian jungle or galloping on horseback across Uruguayan plains, to getting spiritual at an Argentine Yoga retreat or pedaling through the Atacama Desert, South America has no shortage of experiences that are both easy on the wallet and the conscience.
- Asia’s Most Incredible Treks
- Whether watching the sunrise from the peak of a holy mountain, summiting a sulphur-belching active volcano or scouring the jungle for traces of the endangered black panther, these seven treks are amongst Asia’s most spectacular.
- 7 Unique Winter Activities in Japan
- From exploring an entire village sculpted from ice to sliding down a ski-slope cocooned in an inner tube, these 7 activities offer truly unique ways to spend the winter season in Japan.
- Green Travel Resolutions – 10 Ways to Travel Responsibly in 2012
- Zoë Smith offers 10 suggestions for travelers resolving to travel more responsibly in 2012.
- 12 Budget-Friendly Sustainable Travel Experiences
- Zoë Smith asks fellow travelers for ideas and advice on the best ecotourism experiences that won’t burn a whole in your pocket.