- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Eco Travel Travel Articles
Part of the reason we travel is because we love this Earth we live on, but as the population soars and the way we live impacts that Earth, it’s vital to be cognizant of traveling responsibly. BootsnAll partners with several tour companies who focus on eco-friendly travel, and the following 40+ articles offer tips and advice for traveling with sustainability in mind.
- Gift Guide: 9 Gift Ideas for Eco-Conscious Travelers
- From solar-powered phone chargers to eco-friendly footwear and all-natural cosmetics, these 9 gift ideas will fuel your inspiration and give you plenty to pile up under the Christmas tree or stuff into a stocking.
- How to Make a Difference on Your Trip Even with Limited Time
- From short-term volunteer projects and community-focused tours, to offsetting your carbon emissions, these six tips will guide you on the road to a sustainable and eco-friendly vacation.
- How to Plan an Eco-Friendly RTW Trip: 9 Destinations to Go Green
- From bobbing along the Amazon in a hammock and exploring riverside villages by longboat, to volunteering with wildlife preservation groups or sleeping in an igloo village, these nine locations are top of the list for those planning an eco-friendly RTW trip.
- 8 Tips for Trekking Responsibly
- Whether scaling the icy peaks of Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, clambering the ancient Inca trail in Peru or tailing wild beasts on an African safari, here are 8 tips for the eco-conscious trekker to help reduce their impact on the environment.
- Heal the World, One Trip at a Time
- 10 years from now, will travelers to your favorite destination be able to enjoy it the same way you did? Shivya Nath volunteers in the Trans-Himalayas to discover how you can prevent your travel memories from becoming someone's travel disappointments.
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Ecotourism
- You probably know that ecotourism is a great way to travel responsibly, to enjoy the planet, while simultaneously preserving it for future generations to enjoy too. Here Ariana Salvo shares six things you may not know about ecotourism…
- How to Travel Responsibly on a Budget
- For those travelers that are feeling the burden of their carbon footprint, Zoë Smith offers nine easy-to-follow tips to not only minimize the damage to the environment but limit the impact to your wallet too.
- 8 Secrets to Guilt-Free Travel in Developing Nations
- With a bit of consideration, pre-planning and sensitivity, there’s no reason why traveling in the developing world can’t be a positive experience all-round. Zoë Smith offers some food-for-thought advice for traveling in the world’s poorest regions.
- 6 Natural Phenomena to See Before They Disappear
- The glaciers are melting, tigers are endangered, and rainforests are dwindling. Joanna Eng guides you through some of Earth's at-risk natural wonders in order to inspire you towards more planet-friendly travel and living habits.
- 5 Ways to Experience Sustainable Travel
- Joanna Eng highlights unique, far-flung adventures around the world that support local ecosystems and communities.