- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
South America Travel Articles
Once you’ve arrived in this remarkable continent, the natural beauty and varied options will have you never wanting to leave. Come learn about Macchu Picchu, hiking in Patagonia, the friendliness of the Colombian people, the food of Buenos Aires, and more in the following pages of articles on South America.
- Seven Spectacular Bus Routes Through South America
- Traveling cross-country by bus can be long and tedious in any country, and South America certainly presents its own challenges. But this form of travel can also be an incredibly rewarding and eye-opening experience, especially in South America, where you'll find some of the most beautiful scenery to gaze at our your bus window.
- Visa and Reciprocity Fees in South America
- Entry fees for Americans going to South American countries range from zero to shockingly high. Expat and visa expert Eileen Smith explains the situation and offers tips on avoiding many of the charges.
- Why You Should Ignore Everything You’ve Heard & Go to Colombia
- If you're basing everything you know about Colombia on what the media tells you, then it's time to listen to someone who's actually been there. Adam Seper loved his time in Colombia, and is here to tell you why you should forget the stereotypes about the country and book a trip today.
- Seven Experiences Not to Miss in Bolivia
- Planning a trip to South America? Adam Seper is here to inform you why it would be a crime to leave the gorgeous country of Bolivia off the list. He offers 7 must-sees while in this beautiful country.
- 8 Reasons to Quit Your Diet in Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires is famous for red wine and red meat, but Lauren Fitzpatrick gives you a rundown of the city's other culinary indulgences.
- The Perfect Day
- When you travel long-term, not all days are filled with sightseeing and museums. Sometimes you find yourself in the perfect little fishing village, and your days are simple.
- Your Guide to Visiting the Salar de Uyuni
- Visiting Bolivia's Salar de Uyuni (Salt Flats) is usually high on a traveler's itinerary when visiting South America. Adam Seper is here to break down the options travelers have for visiting this amazing world wonder.
- Top Beaches to Visit during your Gap Year in South America
- The famous sites like Machu Picchu, the Salt Flats, Patagonia, and Iguazu Falls get all the hype, but there are plenty of beach destinations in South America to add to your gap year itinerary. Hannah Long outlines four of the best.
- Five Unexpected Treasures of South America
- Everyone knows to visit Machu Picchu, Iguazu Falls, and Patagonia when in South America, but Adam Seper recommends five places you may not have heard of that you'd be crazy to miss.
- 8 Reasons to Add Argentina to Your Big Trip
- Need a mental vacation? Join Brendan Nogue for this filled-with-gorgeous-photos look at 8 great reasons to plan your next trip to Argentina.