- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Festivals Travel Articles
There is perhaps no better way to learn about a new culture than taking part in a local festival, and no matter how large the city or small the town, chances are there are annual festivals to take part in.
- The First-Timer’s Guide to Hot Air Balloon Festivals in the U.S
- Expecting an aching neck from looking skyward, Kimberly Damon discovered a lot more to do at a hot air balloon festival, including getting up close and personal with a 900lb silk cow, kicking back with live music, and how to take a balloon "ride" without spending a fortune.
- 10 Festivals that Celebrate Local Produce
- From sampling witchetty grubs at New Zealand’s Wildfood Festival to mud sliding in South Korea or munching on oyster tacos to celebrate the Californian oyster harvest, these 10 festivals are some of the world’s most unique celebrations of local produce.
- 4 Reasons to Return to the Burn – Burning Man Festival, Black Rock City, Nevada
- Forget overcrowded festivals with big music acts on large stages. Check out Jo Bull’s four favorite aspects of the unique Burning Man festival.
- Best Festivals and Events in Europe
- Festivals in Europe are great because you can shop, eat local foods, listen to music and make friends…all in the same place and at the same time. Cristina Puscas guides you around 10 of the best festivals and events in Europe.
- Drums and Dragons: California’s Festivals for the Gods
- Summertime is synonymous with sailing and concerts in the park, but wayward writer Ruth Newell suggests stepping out of the box to sample seasonal festivals with a decidedly Asian-American flair.
- 8 of the Greatest Nude Events Around the World
- Ever felt the need to strip it all off and run naked and screaming through the streets - without being chased by the police? Well, David Joshua Jennings has 8 potential solutions for you.
- The “Carnival” Spirit of Biloxi’s Mardi Gras – Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Roy A. Barnes attended the Mississippi Gulf Coast's largest Fat Tuesday celebration while pondering its first one 100-plus years earlier.
- Kölle Aalaaf! Tips and Tricks to Surviving Karneval in Cologne, Germany
- Hoards of Kölsch-drinking natives and tourists crowding the streets, cheers of Viva Colonia! all around you, candy raining down upon your head. Need a little help navigating the colorful streets of Cologne, Germany during the Karneval season? Read on...
- Seven Great Beer and Wine Festivals Around the World
- With celebrations around the world that appreciate all that vintners and brewers have to offer, it’s tough to decide which festivals to get on your calendar. From February to October, here are a few top picks of beer and wine events across the globe.
- Seven Reasons to Attend the Beaver Creek Wine and Spirits Festival
- The annual Beaver Creek Wine and Spirits festival attracts hundreds of drink connoisseurs who come from around the country to sip and sample some of the nation's best wine and spirits, paired with culinary delights from the some of the country's best chefs, all set against the beautiful backdrop of Colorado's Gore Mountain Range. Here are seven reasons why you should consider attending as well.