- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
North America Travel Articles
North America only consists of 3 countries, but Canada, the United States, and Mexico couldn’t be more different from a cultural and travel perspective. With nearly 100 articles, let us help plan your trip to the region.
- Indie Travel Guide to the Yukon Territory
- There's more to the Yukon Territory than just wilderness. See for yourself the wonders of being somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
- Planning a U.S. National Parks Trip
- If you'd like to experience the more natural side of the United States, look no further than its nearly 400 national parks. JoAnna Haugen tells you what you need to know before you go.
- 5 Reasons to Road Trip the United States
- What makes road tripping a uniquely American experience? Jenn Molholt explores the reasons why road trips are a way to connect with our pioneer history in a uniquely indie way.
- 10 of the Best Places to Hike in the United States
- After a long winter for many in the US, hiking and outdoors season is upon us. Check out Adam Seper's list of 10 great places to hike in the United States and get out there and go!
- Indie Travel in Canada for $60 Per Day
- Home to glitzy modern cities, arctic tundra, boreal forests, rocky mountains, glaciers, prairies, oil sands, and over 100,000 lakes, Pamela MacNaughtan reveals how you can discover the wonders of Canada on a budget.
- Mexico: It’s More Than Just Beaches
- While many travelers prefer the white sandy beaches and azure blue waters of Mexico's tourist hotspots, Pamela MacNaughtan gives four reasons why you should leave the beach behind and travel through interior Mexico.
- Traditional Mexican Food and Drink
- Tex-Mex is most people’s introduction to Mexican flavors, but the food is quite different to traditional Mexican fare. After eating her way through Mexico, Jo Fitzsimons explains why you shouldn’t order fajitas and margaritas in Mexico, and what you should try instead.
- Regional Foods Around America
- Kristen Kuchar shares some of her favorite regional specialties from around America.
- The Great American Southwest
- The American Southwest is the perfect region for road-tripping, and Chelsea Perino, who grew up in New Mexico, is here to give you 8 reasons why.
- Seven Unique Ideas For Summer Road Trips
- Summer is road trip season! Pack your bags, grab your kids, tie Grandma on the roof, and buckle up as Jenn Miller offers some "twisted" road trip fun that even the most jaded traveler (even a fourteen year old one) is sure to enjoy.