- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Festivals Travel Articles
There is perhaps no better way to learn about a new culture than taking part in a local festival, and no matter how large the city or small the town, chances are there are annual festivals to take part in.
- Seven Reasons to Attend the Beaver Creek Wine and Spirits Festival
- The annual Beaver Creek Wine and Spirits festival attracts hundreds of drink connoisseurs who come from around the country to sip and sample some of the nation's best wine and spirits, paired with culinary delights from the some of the country's best chefs, all set against the beautiful backdrop of Colorado's Gore Mountain Range. Here are seven reasons why you should consider attending as well.
- Three Days in the Valley: A Photo Tour of Oaxaca’s Dia de los Muertos
- Ghosts and goblins got you spooked? Bethany Salvon and Randy Kalp delve into Oaxaca's Day of the Dead festival to showcase the bright side of death.
- How to Enjoy Oktoberfest on a Beer Budget
- Well-versed in the arts of drinking beer and not having much money, Tim Gregg has compiled an essential guide to Oktoberfest for the financially-challenged beer lover.
- 7 Oktoberfest Celebrations Around the World
- Can't make it to Munich for Oktoberfest? Katja Grathwohl tells you where else in the world you can find these celebrations of German music, food, culture, and beer.
- Six Places to Celebrate Bastille Day in the United States
- Who says you have to be in France to celebrate Bastille Day? Find out where the Fête is in the U.S. - chances are, there's an event near you. Vive la France!
- Eight Great South Africa Festivals to Attend Before, During, and After the World Cup
- South Africa may be hosting the biggest sporting event of the year, but the country is also putting on several arts, music, culture and food festivals in June and July. Ian Dickinson has complied a list of the nation's top eight winter festivals happening before, during and after the Soccer World Cup 2010.
- The Best New York City Summer Festivals Under $10
- Free summer entertainment is one of New York's best kept secrets. Sara Clarke fills you in on where to go, what to see, and how to have the most fun at this year's festivities.
- 13 of the Best Outdoor Summer Festivals in the World
- Summers are filled with ice cream and picnics, swimming pools and festivals. So bring your lawn chair and bug spray as Sherry Jackson rounds up the thirteen best outdoor summer festivals in the world.
- Seven Wild and Wacky Sporting Festivals Around the World
- Every culture has its idiosyncrasies, and some countries celebrate their uniqueness in the form of festivals - with a dash of competition thrown in. Plan your travels accordingly, and you might find yourself way off the tourist trail, competing against the locals (or a local horse) in one of the world's seven weirdest sports festivals.
- The World’s Messiest Festivals
- If your vacation won't be complete without getting dirty in another country, then join BootsnAll staff writer Jessica Spiegel as she visits the world's messiest festival celebrations.