- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
RTW Travel Travel Articles
BootsnAll has been connecting Independent travelers since 1998, and the RTW (Round the World) trip is the pinnacle of an independent travel experience. Peruse over 60 articles about RTW travel, from inspirational articles meant to give you that extra kick out the door, to articles helping you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, to a free 30-day planning course that will give you all the tools necessary to plan the king of all indie trips.
- A Practical Guide to Planning a Short RTW
- How much time do you have for a RTW trip? What do you have to consider in order to plan your adventure? Stacey Ebert has traveled on both a long and short RTW and shares her planning logistics for a short nine-week journey around the world.
- Slow Down!
- With your map unrolled on the dining room table, it's tempting to keep adding dots to your itinerary. After all, you don't want to miss anything! Grab a glass of wine and sit down with Jenn Miller as she explains why they've learned to travel slower, and see the benefits of a less hectic pace for long-term travel.
- 10 Unfortunate Byproducts of Long-Term Travel
- There are people who make the assumption that long-term travel is like being on vacation forever: waking up late, other people doing your laundry, drinks delivered poolside, cheap massages and a general disregard for the temporal realities. Nothing could be further from the truth. Jenn Miller points out ten unfortunate side effects of long-term travel that are impossible to avoid.
- Rolf Potts’ Original Vagabonding Story
- In October of 2014, Meet, Plan, Go hosted its annual career break event. A host of career break and long-term travel experts gathered to inspire and help those hoping to take that leap of faith and get on the road. The keynote was delivered by Rolf Potts, who told his original Vagabonding story.
- Deciding Where to Go
- Now that you've made the decision to go on a RTW trip, what's next? The planning seems overwhelming at times, so that's why Adam Seper is here to give you tips on how to choose your destinations and route.
- Getting the Most Value with Your Route
- We used data to build our Top Destinations List for 2015, and today we're going to put that data into action. Check out 8 bookable routes to inspire your route planning, and see how using the top destinations to build your flight path offers tremendous value.
- A New Year’s Resolution: Get Over Your Irrational Fears
- Jenn Miller discusses the fears that hold us back, and how to overcome those that we allow to become irrational and paralyze us. Yes, there are things to be afraid of, but it's important to keep those things in perspective, and there are ways to overcome those fears.
- Top 10 Destinations for Independent Travelers in 2014
- In anticipation of its announcement of the Top Indie Travel Destinations for 2015 on Tuesday, BootsnAll takes a look back to its Top Destinations from last year's list.
- The Freedom of Travel vs. The Paralysis of Stuff
- On the heels of Black Friday, Jenn Miller discusses why she'd rather have options than possessions and questions the sanity of following the American Dream just because that's the way it's always been done. Are you itching for something different? Read on.
- How to Cope with Spending the Holidays Away From Home
- With the holidays upon us, there are countless travelers on the road who won't be spending Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year's Eve with their loved ones back home, and that can be tough, even for the most hard core traveler. Adam Seper is here to help you cope with being away from home during the holiday season.