- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Solo Travel Travel Articles
A big misconception of solo travel is that it’s lonely. Quite the contrary – one theme you’ll notice in all our solo travel articles is that it’s next to impossible to be lonely on the road, even if you depart home by yourself.
- 7 Reasons Why Everyone Should Travel Solo At Least Once
- It takes a great deal of courage to set off on one’s own into unknown territory, but there is growth and empowerment in doing so. Renee Lo Iacono shares a few things traveling solo can teach you about yourself and the world.
- Solo Travel for Non-Solo Travelers
- Are you married? In a relationship? A family man or woman? Are you a 100% non-solo traveler? Jenn Miller shares why solo travel is still important even when you're not a solo traveler.
- How I Overcame Obstacles to Travel the World
- For many of us, we have an illusion that the lack of money is what's holding us back from turning our dreams of traveling the world into a reality. Renee Lo Iacono, like so many other people, had to overcome this obstacle as well as many others in order to make her dream of traveling the world come true.
- 20 Indispensable Resources for Solo Travelers
- Travelling alone can be daunting, especially if it is your first time. Isabel Eva Bohrer shares 20 indispensible resources that will take the fear out of solo travel.
- The Girl’s Guide to Traveling Solo in Muslim Countries
- Many brave female travelers shy away from travel in Muslim or Arab-influenced countries because of the intimidating travel advice and horror stories in guide books and the internet. Stephanie Pelser tells you why you should go and gives tips on how to have a harassment-free trip.
- Best Solo Travel Tips from Those Who Have Done It
- Solo travel can be a scary thing, particularly if you’ve never hit the road alone before. Many people would never plan a one week vacation alone much less contemplate a RTW trip without a partner to share it with. But as these solo travelers share, going at it alone can be one of the most exciting and rewarding ways to travel.
- Solo Lady Travel: 7 Safety Myths Debunked
- Are your fears of traveling solo well-founded? Yvette Cendes investigates travel myths surrounding women traveling alone.
- Are You Afraid To Be Alone on Your Solo Trip?
- Does solo travel intimidate you? Or perhaps you are on a solo trip, but find yourself hanging around the hostel to avoid actually spending time alone? Devon Nunneley suggests ways to enjoy alone time while you travel.
- 15 Totally Awkward Solo Travel Situations. . . and How to Cope with Them
- When solo travel becomes uncomfortable, it is probably not as enjoyable as it should be. Brooke Schoenman, along with fellow world travelers, gives you 15 situations when it is totally awkward to be a solo traveler.
- Dealing With Loneliness As a Solo Traveler
- Hilary Hershberger channels her own experiences as a young solo traveler to reflect on what it means to be alone and abroad, and relays her suggestions on dealing with loneliness while traveling.