- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Mountains Travel Articles
The mountains can be enjoyed year-round in many places around the world – hiking, biking, climbing, and camping in the summer months to snowboarding and skiing in the winter months. They’re also great for photography and just general admiration, as mountains as a whole are one of Earth’s great wonders.
- 8 Fabulous Mountain Peaks in Eastern Europe for Less Experienced Hikers
- Hiking is often mistaken for a strenuous outdoor activity, requiring years of experience. Lavinia Patrascu believes that, even though climbing a mountain should never be taken lightly, the reality is that almost anyone can embark on a memorable journey towards an imposing mountain peak.
- The 12 Best Ski Resorts in North America
- Julie Blakley offers up the 12 best ski areas in North America for those who'd rather ride champagne powder than hang out in the champagne room-where it isn't about glitz and glamour, but about fresh tracks and big mountains.
- Trading Snow for Sun: Why You Should Visit a Ski Town in Summer
- While ski resort towns become hot destinations during winter, they tend to be forgotten about by most travelers come summer. But here's a little secret: ski resorts don't lose their luster when the snow melts. In fact, for non-skiers, they become even better during warmer months.
- Nine Ways to Take in the World’s Most Beautiful Vistas
- Ask fellow travelers what the best view in the world is and you’ll not only be met with myriad answers and enthusiastic responses, but you’ll also create a heated debate with no objective way of being settled. While the quest for the most spectacular view is still entirely in your hands, we’d like to make your search a little bit easier by suggesting 9 ways you can search for, and hopefully find, some of the world’s most awe-inspiring views.
- Touring the Arabian Shangri-La – Abha, Saudi Arabia
- “This green, mostly mountainous region is God’s own country… Asir is as close to Shangri-la as anything I have seen.”
- 7 of the Most Luxurious Ski Resorts in Europe
- Have buckets of cash and want to do a bit of skiing without having to worry about the wannabe celebrities who are jamming up all the North American ski resorts? Andy Hayes gives you 7 of the finest options for luxury and skiing in Europe.
- 6 Iconic Mountains You Can Climb
- Many of the most famous peaks around the world are only reachable for professionals, but not all of them. Abigail King has done her share of climbing so she lists 6 famous mountains you can probably scale yourself.
- The Highest Cities in the World
- Fans of thin air and altitude sickness have more travel options than you might expect. BootsnAll staff writer Julie Blakely shares 11 cities around the world that are sometimes above the clouds.
- Seven Unique Ski Resorts You’ve (Probably) Never Heard Of
- Tired of skiing all the famous places? Here are seven with interesting quirks that you might consider instead.
- 11 of the Most Extravagant Ski Resorts in the World
- Dreaming of an over-the-top luxury ski vacation full of opulence, grand lodges, spas and private chalets? BootsnAll writer Julie Blakley brings you a list of the 11 most extravagant ski resorts in the world.