- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Hiking Travel Articles
Hiking. Trekking. Tramping. Whatever you call it, if you’re someone who loves to get out into the mountains and challenge yourself, then you’re at the right spot. Among other ideas, learn about walking across entire countries, plan a RTW trip around hiking, and find out how you can trek responsibly so your kids and grandkids can enjoy nature the same way we have.
- 8 Fabulous Mountain Peaks in Eastern Europe for Less Experienced Hikers
- Hiking is often mistaken for a strenuous outdoor activity, requiring years of experience. Lavinia Patrascu believes that, even though climbing a mountain should never be taken lightly, the reality is that almost anyone can embark on a memorable journey towards an imposing mountain peak.
- Asia’s Most Incredible Treks
- Whether watching the sunrise from the peak of a holy mountain, summiting a sulphur-belching active volcano or scouring the jungle for traces of the endangered black panther, these seven treks are amongst Asia’s most spectacular.
- 8 Tips for Trekking Responsibly
- Whether scaling the icy peaks of Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, clambering the ancient Inca trail in Peru or tailing wild beasts on an African safari, here are 8 tips for the eco-conscious trekker to help reduce their impact on the environment.
- 8 of the Most Unique Walking Paths in the World
- You might think all walking paths are alike, but once you've followed Jeanine Barone on these 8 unique trails you'll think differently.
- Hiking in North Wales: Sampling Steep Climbs, Legends, and Holy Undertakings
- Roy A. Barnes endured sore muscles and weather not always ideal so he could experience some wonderful hiking opportunities that offered breathtaking views and chances to relive Welsh history.
- 10 of the Best Places to Hike in the United States
- After a long winter and a rainy spring, it's the hiking and outdoors season in the United States. Check out Adam Seper's list of 10 great places to hike in the United States and get out there and go!
- How Bizarre – Khumjung, Nepal
- A New York woman finds more than prayer flags while trekking alone in the Everest region.
- Hiking Italy’s Green Heart: 5 Great Trails in Umbria
- Umbria, famed for its hilltowns, art, and food, also has some of the most dramatic and memorable walking trails in Italy. Here resident Rebecca Winke reveals her favorite itineraries in the region.
- Beyond the Rim – How To Explore the Depths of the Grand Canyon
- Have you ever wondered what it takes to be one of the visitors who sees the Grand Canyon from the bottom? Adam Seper's Guide to Exploring Beyond the Rim of the Grand Canyon will give you all the information you need to know.
- 11 Famous Volcanoes in the Americas That You Can Climb
- Have you ever wanted to see what the inside of a volcano looks like? You have more options than you probably realized, and here are 11 interesting volcanoes you can climb, just in the Americas.