- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Holidays Travel Articles
Traveling for or around the holidays is a different animal than other times of the year. Learn the tips to make your holiday travel bearable, and check out various ideas and advice planning your next holiday adventure.
- 10 Easy Last-Minute Gift Ideas for Travelers
- Waited too long to send a holiday gift to your favorite traveler? No way, says JoAnna Haugen. Here are seven things you can buy at the very last minute.
- How to Cope with Spending the Holidays Away From Home
- With the holidays upon us, there are countless travelers on the road who won't be spending Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year's Eve with their loved ones back home, and that can be tough, even for the most hard core traveler. Adam Seper is here to help you cope with being away from home during the holiday season.
- 5 Things I’m Thankful for Because of Travel
- With Thanksgiving right around the corner, Jenn Miller reflects on travel and what it's taught her about gratefulness as a form of meditation, as well as a few of the things she's most thankful for.
- Gift Guide for Long-Term Travelers
- If you're struggling with what to give the travel lover in your life, this gift guide will help. From $10 stocking stuffers to RTW plane tickets, there's something for every budget!
- 10 Most Spectacular Independence Day Fireworks Shows
- Fireworks shows are the highlight of Independence Day Festivals across the U.S.. Spencer Spellman offers a list of the top shows.
- 18 Travel Resolutions to Keep This Year
- We hope 2014 brings you more amazing indie travel experiences, and to help you make travel a priority in your life this year, we've put together a list of travel-related resolutions that you can actually keep.
- Home for the Holidays
- Being abroad over the holidays can give travelers the blues, but can be a blessing in disguise for those who want to learn something new about themselves. As Thanksgiving draws closer and family gatherings loom ahead, Jess McCann explores the pros and cons of getting as far away as humanly possible.
- 8 Holiday Trip Ideas (for those who can’t wait to get away!)
- Looking for an excuse to not participate in the usual holiday stuff around your own area? Jennifer Miller has 8 interesting alternatives that could take you somewhere unusual and fun.
- 6 Great Cities to Soak in That Christmas Atmosphere
- Christmas is a special time of the year in many parts of the world, but it's also true that some places do it far better than others. Nellie Huang has chosen six places to consider for a unique and interesting holiday.
- 36 Hours in Budapest: Exploring the Christmas Markets
- Christmas Markets are part of the holiday in Europe, but the one in Budapest doesn't usually get promoted. Cristina Puscas is here to give you a 2-day itinerary for visiting the Christmas Markets in Budapest.