- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
North America Travel Articles
North America only consists of 3 countries, but Canada, the United States, and Mexico couldn’t be more different from a cultural and travel perspective. With nearly 100 articles, let us help plan your trip to the region.
- Mexico: It’s More Than Just Beaches
- While many travelers prefer the white sandy beaches and azure blue waters of Mexico's tourist hotspots, Pamela MacNaughtan gives four reasons why you should leave the beach behind and travel through interior Mexico.
- Traditional Mexican Food and Drink
- Tex-Mex is most people’s introduction to Mexican flavors, but the food is quite different to traditional Mexican fare. After eating her way through Mexico, Jo Fitzsimons explains why you shouldn’t order fajitas and margaritas in Mexico, and what you should try instead.
- Regional Foods Around America
- Kristen Kuchar shares some of her favorite regional specialties from around America.
- The Great American Southwest
- The American Southwest is the perfect region for road-tripping, and Chelsea Perino, who grew up in New Mexico, is here to give you 8 reasons why.
- Planning a U.S. National Parks Trip
- If you'd like to experience the more natural side of the United States, look no further than its nearly 400 national parks. JoAnna Haugen tells you what you need to know before you go.
- Seven Unique Ideas For Summer Road Trips
- Summer is road trip season! Pack your bags, grab your kids, tie Grandma on the roof, and buckle up as Jenn Miller offers some "twisted" road trip fun that even the most jaded traveler (even a fourteen year old one) is sure to enjoy.
- Independent Island Hopping
- The first thing that probably comes to mind when you imagine a vacation in the Caribbean is a white sand beach with warm turquoise water and swaying palm trees. The second thing is probably an all-inclusive resort with expensive yachts and retired expats. For independent travelers, the latter is mostly a deterrent for a beach vacation on a Caribbean island. With some small considerations and thoughtful planning, you can turn what you might think to be a standard Caribbean vacation into an adventurous taste of island life.
- Ignore the Myths and Take The Kids to Mexico
- If you follow conventional wisdom, you'll keep yourself (and your kids) far away from "dangerous" Mexico. Rachel Denning reveals that the orthodoxy is nothing more than urban legend that should be ignored, resulting in a fabulous family travel adventure.
- America on a Shoestring
- When planning a RTW trip, the United States often gets ignored because of the high cost of travel. Cambell Klose is here to give you tips for traveling around the US on a budget.
- Exploration and Relaxation in British Columbia, Canada
- This post is brought to you by Destination British Columbia. For more information on sponsored posts read here. One of the most appealing parts of travel in British Columbia, Canada is taking advantage of the stunning surroundings and challenging yourself with outdoor adventures. After hiking, biking, and exploring the province, what better way to unwind than a […]