- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Travelers Travel Articles
What would travel be without other travelers? Sure, meeting locals is a great part of traveling, but so is meeting other travelers, and there are lots of you out there who are doing some pretty amazing things.
- 5 Ways to Build Community While Traveling
- As the holidays approach many travelers miss home and feel the absence of loved ones deeply. Jenn Miller discusses five ways to build community as you travel and create family for yourself and others while on the road.
- Pico Iyer on Indie Travel
- We asked some of our favorite indie travelers to give us their thoughts on travel and how indie travel helps them better understand themselves and the world around them. Here's what legendary travel writer Pico Iyer had to say.
- Travel Success Story
- Fred Perrotta struck me, immediately, as super bright, extremely motivated, creative thinker and problem solver. And that was before I knew that he’d quit Google to graciously solve my biggest problem: packing.
- How to Be an Indie Traveler Anywhere You Go
- You can be an indie traveler anywhere you go - even at home. In fact, indie travel isn't all about traveling. We know. It sounds weird. It looks weird. But hear us out.
- the Indie Travel Manifesto
- See the document and tenets that we live and work by: The Indie Travel Manifesto.
- Can Travel Really Change Who You Are?
- Imagine the freedom and potential for change that could arise when removed from your habitual environment. You could be free. Free from the constraints of society, free from social obligations, free from your reflection in the eyes of others and free to imagine yourself in anyway you want.
- Taking Travel to the Extreme
- Making meaningful connections is one of the best parts of travel. There are lots of folks out there who are doing really cool, interesting, intriguing, and often questionable things in the world of travel - and we want to tell their stories, too! Writer Will Jackson has met many several of these types of people during his travels, and the following story is about a few of them.
- How One Woman Discovered her Independence On the Road
- When Tina and her boyfriend left Germany for Australia, they thought they'd settle down and live there forever. But after their breakup, Tina decided it was time to discover herself through traveling the world.
- The Modern Day Pilgrimage
- Embarking on the ancient pilgrimage of the Camino de Santiago, across France and Spain has Jenn Miller asking some fundamental about the concept of pilgrimage in the modern world and the significance to the less than religious traveler.
- 9 Famous Adventurers to Inspire Your Travels
- Adam Seper profiles famous adventurers who explored the world before Twitter, Facebook, Google and other modern technology made it as easy as it is today.