- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Learning Travel Articles
What better way to learn than to travel? Indie travel is all about learning – learning about other people, other cultures, and other ways of doing things. It opens our eyes and gives us a perspective that reading a book simply can’t offer.
- What Travel Has Meant to My Education
- Travel has long been accepted as a vital part of a well-rounded education. Having traveled full-time from the age of eleven, Hannah Miller shares insight on what seven years of travel on five continents have meant to her education.
- 5 Road Schooling Ideas
- One important aspect of long term travel with kids that must be considered is education. Jenn Miller has home schooled her kids since birth and is in her eighth year of road schooling them as they adventure. Read along and think through your philosophy, curriculum options, and hands on ideas for how to make it happen as you hit the road.
- Educational Travel: How to Get Permission and Justify the Experience to Your Local School
- Have you ever been tempted to just take your kids out of school and hit the road? Maybe you worried about getting permission or how to demonstrate what your child would learn while traveling. Jennifer Miller skipped most of third and eighth grade because her family was traveling. Those were the best two years of her "schooling," and she went on to become a teacher herself! She will show you how to craft a pitch to your school administrators and how to quantify the learning for your child, and perhaps even benefit every child in your kid's class!
- Graduation: Give the Gift of Travel
- Jenn Miller makes a case for travel as the continuation of education and issues a challenge to all the old people and the travelers in the world: give the gift of travel and change a young life!
- Higher Education For Free?
- Jenn Miller has a degree in institutional education and fifteen years of experience in outside the box experience in the alternative education world. She believes travel is a fantastic teacher, that a university degree should be pursued, and that these two dreams are not mutually exclusive. She'll show you how to get high quality education for free and combine your gap year (or two!) with your long range plans for your intellectual education!
- Gap Year: Stories
- Should travel be an integral part of a well rounded education? Jenn Miller thinks so. Listen to the voices of three young people whose gap experiences changed their lives.
- Five Reasons Parents Should Travel With Their Kids
- Many families debate whether or not traveling with their kids is a worthwhile or healthy thing to do. Hannah Miller, a teen who's traveled all over the world, shares a few of the reasons family travel is not only a good thing, but a highly beneficial way of life for both parents and children!
- Long Term Travel As Education
- Have you ever wondered what long term traveling families "do about keeping up with school" for their kids? Perhaps you're asking the wrong question. Jenn Miller, world schooling mother of four, teacher by trade, discusses world schooling as a viable educational alternative.
- MBA vs. RTW
- The world is changing by the minute, yet many western countries still have traditional (and archaic) views of education. Maybe it's time we re-assess traditional education. What are your thoughts?
- Continue Your Formal Education Through Travel
- Introducing GAPYEAR30 and GAPYEAR30 for Parents. We're here to help you plan your gap year, or support your child in doing so.