- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Budget Travel Travel Articles
Many of us started our indie travels by being budget travelers. When you’re in your teens, college, or embarking on your first long-term trip, traveling on a budget is often the only way to make it work. Learn the ins and outs of budget travel, along with tons of tips, advice, and destination recommendations, in the following pages.
- Hitchhiking Tips for Central Asia
- Fancy some real Central Asian adventure to feel like an explorer on the Silk Road? In this case, please read on, as Marco Ferrarese - who has recently completed an overland hitchhiking trip from Singapore to Europe - has a set of tips ready to help you find a ride across the region. Learn how to tackle greedy Uzbek drivers, score lifts across the Tajik mountains, dodge the Turkmen foreign travelers' restrictions, and end up with multiple invitations to visit your hosts’ families for the ultimate Central Asian adventure.
- 8 Tips for the Newbie Hitchhiker
- Ever wanted to try your hand at hitchhiking? Veteran hitchhiker David Joshua Jennings has eight tips to get you on your way.
- 8 Simple Steps for Making the Most of Europe’s Low Cost Airlines
- Have you booked a bargain flight with one of Europe’s low cost airlines only to be stung by one extra charge after another? Flying can be one of the cheapest ways to get around Europe, but only if you know how to make the most of the airlines’ rules and avoid the tricks that bump up the cost. Jo Fitzsimons shows you seven simple steps for making the most of Europe’s low cost airlines.
- 11 Budget European Destinations
- We talk a lot about budget destinations for a long-term or RTW trip, and Europe always seems to get a raw deal. But if you're planning an RTW trip, don't automatically leave Europe off the list. Here are 11 cities in 5 countries where it's still possible to travel inexpensively.
- 10 Reasons to Embrace Budget Travel
- Have you ever felt limited by your travel budget? Jenni Mahnaz offers a new perspective on budget travel and identifies the benefits traveling on a budget can create.
- Wanna Travel Sooner?
- Would you like to travel now, instead of later? Would you like to travel for six months instead of two? How about a lifetime? Jennifer Miller shares some secrets to funding your travels sooner rather than later.
- Travel Hacking for Dummies
- Many travellers become fanatical about travel hacking, but let’s face it, not everyone has a credit card. So, does this mean that travel hacking is only for those of a certain class? In a word, no!
- 8 Ways to Cut Costs on Your RTW
- When taking any trip - but particularly on a long-term RTW trip - finding ways to cut corners on your spending means the ability to travel longer. The less you spend on flights and accommodation, the more you'll have left for experiences. Adam Seper offers eight ways you can dramatically cuts costs on a long-term trip.
- How I Traveled the World Making Minimum Wage
- Everyone has their own tactics for traveling on a tight budget. David Joshua Jennings shows how he has been able to travel to over 60+ countries over the past 6 years making minimum wage (and less!).
- Cheap Travel vs. Budget Travel: There’s a Difference
- Budget travel is a way of seeing the world and getting the most value for your money, not a contest to see how cheap someone can travel. Adam Seper is here to give his opinion on the budget traveler vs. the cheap traveler.