- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Career Breaks Travel Articles
We believe that everyone, at some point in his or her life, should travel long-term. Career breaks are quickly gaining steam around the world, and taking a career break trip is a way to re-charge, re-invent, and re-focus your life.
- Five Reasons to Take a Career Break
- You're stuck in the 9-5, fighting the cube wars day after day but you want more. Here Jennifer Miller shows us there's no reason you can't have it! Read on for five excellent reasons to hang up your dress shirt and take a year (or more) to redefine your life through a career break.
- Why It’s Not Crazy to Quit Your Job and Travel the World
- Adam Seper expertly addresses the three biggest concerns you're likely to hear about when you tell friends and family you're going to travel the world for a year or more, helping calm your (and their) fears and turning those potential negatives into likely positives.
- Why a Gap Year Should Come to America
- Career break. Sabbatical. Gap Year. These words and phrases are not unusual in most countries in the world - except the United States. Katie Aune explains why Americans are desperate need of embracing the concept of a career break.
- Enhance Your Resume with Travel
- Long-term unemployment is a difficult mental hurdle to overcome for those considering a RTW. But a gap in employment doesn't have to hurt your resume. Tara Shubbuck details a few marketable skills that anyone has the opportunity to learn or hone before departing.
- Why a Travel Break Can Be the Best Career Move You’ll Ever Make
- Career breaks and sabbaticals have finally been gaining steam when even as recently as a decade ago they were thought of as career suicide. We talked to 20 people who have taken that leap to find out why they did it and how it changed their lives.
- 12 Career Skills That Travel Will Improve
- Ever think of traveling as a way to build your resume? Mabel Lee shows you how career break trips can actually improve your skills on the job or prepare you for your next big step in the professional world.
- Swapping Your iPhone For a Backpack
- Taking a career-gap for long-term travel can involve more lifestyle adjustment than you might think. Jo Fitzsimons shares her tips on how best to adapt in the early weeks.
- 8 Reasons to Take a Gap Year
- The reasons for taking a gap year - a travel break from school or work - can be many. Adam Seper offers eight of countless more reasons to take a break from normal life to pursue your travel dreams.
- The Inside Scoop on Career Breaks
- Have you ever dreamed of taking a career break? If so, check out the advice of Meet, Plan, Go hosts and make your career break trip a reality.
- How a Career Break Can Change Your Life
- People take career break trips for all different reasons. Adam Seper tells his story of how his career break gave him the confidence to go down a career path that he didn't know was a possibility.