- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Learning Travel Articles
What better way to learn than to travel? Indie travel is all about learning – learning about other people, other cultures, and other ways of doing things. It opens our eyes and gives us a perspective that reading a book simply can’t offer.
- 10 Things I’ve Learned From Life And Travel
- Travel is an infamous teacher and Life a merciless school mistress. Jennifer MIller shares ten lessons gleaned from a gypsy life and asks, "What's the road teaching you?"
- MBA vs. RTW
- The world is changing by the minute, yet many western countries still have traditional (and archaic) views of education. Maybe it's time we re-assess traditional education. What are your thoughts?
- 5 Reasons Travel Should Be Part of Education
- Travel and education are two of Jenn Miller's passions. She's dedicated her life to combining the two, not just for herself and her children, but for people everywhere. She presents five reasons that she believes travel should be a part of every well rounded education. Haven't traveled yet? That's okay, because we're all still learning!
- 10 Important Life Lessons You Learn From Living Abroad
- Pulling up stakes and moving across borders can be exciting, embarrassing and unexpectedly educational. Whitney Cox writes about ten lessons learned from life in a new country.
- Lessons from Around the World: 11 Skills to Learn on Your RTW Trip
- One of the benefits of long term travel is the ability to spend several days, or even weeks, immersing yourself in a new skill. Here are some suggestions on places where you can learn to do everything from surfing to French cooking.
- Seeing Ourselves In The Context Of A Rich World
- Jennifer Miller has been a student with the world as her classroom and humanity as her teacher since she was a child. In her continuing series, following the Indie Travel Manifesto, she examines the lessons she's learning regarding her place in the context of a very rich world, indeed.
- Top 101 Books for Independent Travel
- Travelers love to read, so we talked and debated, asked our readers, and came up with the Top 101 Books for Travelers.
- Writing an Awesome Travel Blog
- Blogging is a great way to share your adventures with friends family and strangers. Kick your blog up a notch with these tips.
- Finding the Meditation Retreat That’s Right for You
- Interested in deepening your travel experience with a meditation retreat? Noah Daniels lets you know what to expect and how to find the right retreat for you.
- 16 Things I Might Change If I Was Launching a Travel Startup Today
- BootsnAll CEO Sean Keener has learned a lot over the past 15 years at BootsnAll. With the recent birth of his twin girls, and on the eve of the biggest product launch in his company's history, he has done some reflecting. Today he shares 16 tips for those looking to launch a travel start-up.