- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Learning Travel Articles
What better way to learn than to travel? Indie travel is all about learning – learning about other people, other cultures, and other ways of doing things. It opens our eyes and gives us a perspective that reading a book simply can’t offer.
- Educational Travel: How to Get Permission and Justify the Experience to Your Local School
- Have you ever been tempted to just take your kids out of school and hit the road? Maybe you worried about getting permission or how to demonstrate what your child would learn while traveling. Jennifer Miller skipped most of third and eighth grade because her family was traveling. Those were the best two years of her "schooling," and she went on to become a teacher herself! She will show you how to craft a pitch to your school administrators and how to quantify the learning for your child, and perhaps even benefit every child in your kid's class!
- 6 Destinations for Conquering Your Phobias Through Travel
- Got a phobia that’s impeded your travels? Check out six places to visit that can help you conquer your fears once and for all.
- Travel Math: 7 Equations for the Indie Traveler
- Since mathematics is all about avoiding the gray areas, we thought we'd put some of our favorite travel truisms into equation form to demonstrate how easy it is to stop having stupid travel arguments and focus instead on what really matters - the traveling.
- Budget Language Study: 5 Alternative Locations Around the World
- Full immersion language study can be a costly endeavor, or so you think. Brooke Schoenman explains how taking a more adventurous course can help get you ahead in your language acquisition, and save you money in the process.
- 10 Ways To Learn a Foreign Language That Aren’t All Obvious
- Learning a new language can be daunting and difficult, but it doesn't have to be. Victoria Brewood has experimented with quite a few ways to make progress that can be more enjoyable than the standard methods, and she shares her ideas here.