- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Learning Travel Articles
What better way to learn than to travel? Indie travel is all about learning – learning about other people, other cultures, and other ways of doing things. It opens our eyes and gives us a perspective that reading a book simply can’t offer.
- Finding the Meditation Retreat That’s Right for You
- Interested in deepening your travel experience with a meditation retreat? Noah Daniels lets you know what to expect and how to find the right retreat for you.
- 16 Things I Might Change If I Was Launching a Travel Startup Today
- BootsnAll CEO Sean Keener has learned a lot over the past 15 years at BootsnAll. With the recent birth of his twin girls, and on the eve of the biggest product launch in his company's history, he has done some reflecting. Today he shares 16 tips for those looking to launch a travel start-up.
- 6 Destinations for Conquering Your Phobias Through Travel
- Got a phobia that’s impeded your travels? Check out six places to visit that can help you conquer your fears once and for all.
- Travel Math: 7 Equations for the Indie Traveler
- Since mathematics is all about avoiding the gray areas, we thought we'd put some of our favorite travel truisms into equation form to demonstrate how easy it is to stop having stupid travel arguments and focus instead on what really matters - the traveling.
- Budget Language Study: 5 Alternative Locations Around the World
- Full immersion language study can be a costly endeavor, or so you think. Brooke Schoenman explains how taking a more adventurous course can help get you ahead in your language acquisition, and save you money in the process.
- 10 Ways To Learn a Foreign Language That Aren’t All Obvious
- Learning a new language can be daunting and difficult, but it doesn't have to be. Victoria Brewood has experimented with quite a few ways to make progress that can be more enjoyable than the standard methods, and she shares her ideas here.