- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Europe Travel Articles
Europe is typically first up on an international trip, offering just the perfect mix of familiarity and foreign, a well-trodden tourist path, and ease of getting around. BootsnAll has over 130 articles dedicated to inspiring and helping you plan that trip to Europe.
- The South Caucasus: Europe’s Forgotten Frontier
- The South Caucasus is Europe's Eastern frontier. From the rugged, wild Caucasus Mountains on the border with the volatile Russian states of Chechnya and Dagestan, down to the flaming mountainsides on the shores of the Caspian Sea, traveling the South Caucasus is an adventure. Jennifer Walker gives you a lowdown on traveling Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan.
- Indie Travel in Portugal for $50 Per Day
- Portugal often gets the short end of the stick when it come to travel in Western Europe, which is great for the indie traveler. Jessica Benavides Canepa shows you how you can explore this amazing country for under $50 per day.
- 8 Simple Steps for Making the Most of Europe’s Low Cost Airlines
- Have you booked a bargain flight with one of Europe’s low cost airlines only to be stung by one extra charge after another? Flying can be one of the cheapest ways to get around Europe, but only if you know how to make the most of the airlines’ rules and avoid the tricks that bump up the cost. Jo Fitzsimons shows you seven simple steps for making the most of Europe’s low cost airlines.
- 11 Budget European Destinations
- We talk a lot about budget destinations for a long-term or RTW trip, and Europe always seems to get a raw deal. But if you're planning an RTW trip, don't automatically leave Europe off the list. Here are 11 cities in 5 countries where it's still possible to travel inexpensively.
- 5 Trip Ideas Centered Around Europe
- In April, we've been focusing on educating travelers about airfare options for your big trip, along with a focus on travel in Europe. There are lots of companies to shop for and purchase airfare for a trip. But Indie, BootsnAll's multi-country flight finder, still remains the easiest tool to use to build, price, and book a multi-stop trip completely online, no matter how short or long that trip is. If you're planning a big trip and Europe is at the center of it, check out the following five trip ideas to help get you started.
- The First Timer’s Guide to Train Travel in Europe
- Embarking on a rail adventure around Europe is a popular fantasy, but turning it into a reality can be daunting. Lani Thorpe offers easy tips to make train travel the hassle-free experience it should be.
- Myth Busting: Good British Food Does Exist
- Jo Fitzsimons is used to hearing from travelers how bad her home country cuisine is but she doesn't accept that British food deserves the bad stereotypes. She explains that good British food is on the menu together with tips on how and where to find it.
- 5 Things the Camino Taught Me
- Walking the Camino de Santiago gives pilgrims the chance for reflection. Jennifer Miller shares the 5 things the Camino taught her during her journey.
- Guide to Walking the Camino de Santiago
- One of the things that amazes me about the Camino is it’s universal appeal. Thousands of pilgrims walk it every year. Hundreds of thousands have been walking it for centuries. Catholics, protestants, athiests, agnostics, pagans, buddhists, jews, and every hybrid you can imagine line the path. The movie The Way, with Martin Sheen, inspired thousands more to pack a bag and take a long walk. Perhaps you are among them. If you’re considering walking the Camino de Santiago, here’s what you need to know:
- What Countries in Western Europe Are Best for RTW Travel?
- In last week's inaugural Sunday Travel Poll on BootsnAll, we asked your favorite world region to travel in. This week we want to know which countries in Western Europe make good additions to a long-term trip? Vote inside!