- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
North America Travel Articles
North America only consists of 3 countries, but Canada, the United States, and Mexico couldn’t be more different from a cultural and travel perspective. With nearly 100 articles, let us help plan your trip to the region.
- Independent Island Hopping
- The first thing that probably comes to mind when you imagine a vacation in the Caribbean is a white sand beach with warm turquoise water and swaying palm trees. The second thing is probably an all-inclusive resort with expensive yachts and retired expats. For independent travelers, the latter is mostly a deterrent for a beach vacation on a Caribbean island. With some small considerations and thoughtful planning, you can turn what you might think to be a standard Caribbean vacation into an adventurous taste of island life.
- Ignore the Myths and Take The Kids to Mexico
- If you follow conventional wisdom, you'll keep yourself (and your kids) far away from "dangerous" Mexico. Rachel Denning reveals that the orthodoxy is nothing more than urban legend that should be ignored, resulting in a fabulous family travel adventure.
- America on a Shoestring
- When planning a RTW trip, the United States often gets ignored because of the high cost of travel. Cambell Klose is here to give you tips for traveling around the US on a budget.
- Exploration and Relaxation in British Columbia, Canada
- This post is brought to you by Destination British Columbia. For more information on sponsored posts read here. One of the most appealing parts of travel in British Columbia, Canada is taking advantage of the stunning surroundings and challenging yourself with outdoor adventures. After hiking, biking, and exploring the province, what better way to unwind than a […]
- 8 of the Best American Small Towns for Foodies
- Esha Samajpati takes you on a foodie journey through the best of America’s small towns.
- Buses and Tacos: An Indie Travel Experience in Mexico
- There is more to Mexican culture than beach resorts and cruise stops. For a real cultural experience, Pamela MacNaughtan suggests travelling through Mexico by bus and eating as many tacos as you can.
- Food and Wine in British Columbia
- British Columbia, Canada is known world-wide for its spectacular scenery and outdoor adventures. But did you know that it also offers some of the best food and wine in the world as well?
- Four Fantastic Foodie Road Trips in the US
- The US is filled with amazing destinations and scenic drives. Jenn Molholt recommends four food-centered trips that provide more than just eye candy.
- Rock and Roll Road Trip
- Travelers are always looking for new and unique ways to plan a trip. Are you into music? How bout road trips? Marco Ferrarese outlines an awesome musical road trip across the US.
- British Columbia Outdoor Adventures
- How much do you know about travel in British Columbia, Canada? When planning a trip and deciding where to go and what to do, have you ever considered planning your trip around mountains and outdoor adventures? For independent travelers, Canada offers a wealth of possibilities, particularly in British Columbia.