- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
North America Travel Articles
North America only consists of 3 countries, but Canada, the United States, and Mexico couldn’t be more different from a cultural and travel perspective. With nearly 100 articles, let us help plan your trip to the region.
- Indie Travel in Cuba for $75 a Day
- For many, Cuba is an enigma, but Amber Hoffman unravels the mystery of traveling to this unique Caribbean destination, and provides a budget you can follow to get the most from your trip.
- Cheap Eats in New York City
- New York City. A place known for its diverse cultural mix, its rich arts scene, its amazing shopping, and some of the best restaurants in the world. And its high cost of living. People visiting NYC on a budget often arrive with the expectation that they will spend their holiday eating nothing but street hot dogs and bagels. However, it is a common misconception that you can't get incredible meals in NYC for a decent price.
- An American’s Guide to Visiting Cuba
- Find the answers to your Cuba travel questions, current tips, and itinerary suggestions from Ms Traveling Pants, an American freelance writer, who wants others to also discover the beauty of the Cuba. Learn how to get there, what to do, and how to do it!
- Why the Best of Hawaii Lies Beyond Oahu
- Many RTW tickets offer the chance to stop in Hawaii and see the islands that many people only ever dream of visiting. However, most of the best sights that Hawaii has to offer lie beyond Hawaii. Having visited the four largest islands, Jo Fitzsimons explains why you should explore Hawaii beyond Oahu.
- Exploring the Outdoors in British Columbia
- How much do you know about travel in British Columbia, Canada? When planning a trip and deciding where to go and what to do, have you ever considered planning your trip around mountains and outdoor adventures? For independent travelers, Canada offers a wealth of possibilities, particularly in British Columbia.
- Alaska: The Tip of the Iceberg
- If you have yet to visit Alaska, join Ms Traveling Pants in her discovery of the Last Frontier. Be prepared to be awe-struck by its nature, size, wildlife, the kind Alaskan people, and more.
- 5 U.S. Destinations That Feel Foreign
- Kristen Kuchar tells why you don’t have to leave American when you want to visit a foreign land.
- Miami Nice – Family Fun in South Beach, Florida
- Traveling to South Beach with toddlers may not be an obvious choice, what with the drag shows, 36 oz. giant drinks, and scantily-clad bodies everywhere, but Michelle Lafleur will show you that there are enough kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained on a budget that parents can afford.
- Leave your heart in San Francisco
- The foggy city by the bay will leave you seduced by the chilled-out vibe, worn out by rolling hills, sated by fresh fusion cooking and blissed out by hazy California afternoons. San Francisco will charm you for sure but be warned: it may also claim your heart.
- The First-Timer’s Guide to Hot Air Balloon Festivals in the U.S
- Expecting an aching neck from looking skyward, Kimberly Damon discovered a lot more to do at a hot air balloon festival, including getting up close and personal with a 900lb silk cow, kicking back with live music, and how to take a balloon "ride" without spending a fortune.