- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
North America Travel Articles
North America only consists of 3 countries, but Canada, the United States, and Mexico couldn’t be more different from a cultural and travel perspective. With nearly 100 articles, let us help plan your trip to the region.
- Alternatives for Popular Tourist Destinations in the US
- Tourist destinations can be overhyped, overpriced, and overcrowded, which is why Kristen Kuchar recommends nearby alternatives for travel in the States.
- Six US National Parks You’ve Probably Never Visited
- True nature lovers wanting to visit their tax dollars at work without all the crowds should consider visiting these national parks, which Cherrye Moore points out are not as popular as they probably should be.
- Going Abroad in Your Own Country
- Kristen Kuchar sets out to discover if she can really have an Indie travel experience in her own country.
- 4 Reasons to Return to the Burn – Burning Man Festival, Black Rock City, Nevada
- Forget overcrowded festivals with big music acts on large stages. Check out Jo Bull’s four favorite aspects of the unique Burning Man festival.
- Six Little Italy Neighborhoods Across the United States
- Italy is one of the most popular travel destinations, but not everyone can make a trip to the Bel Paese. Instead, Robin Locker shows us that a dose of Italian culture, food and fun can be found at these Little Italy neighborhoods across the United States.
- The Mexican Coast You Didn’t Expect: Four Reasons to Visit Mazatlan
- Think all Mexican beach resort towns are alike? Think again. Mazatlan offers all the perks of a resort town with the historic charm of a post-colonial city, and all at a budget-friendly price. Winter getaway, here we come!
- Caribbean Without the Cost: 5 Great Beach Spots in Latin America
- The Caribbean has all the trappings of an exotic travel destination, but if you want to avoid the crowds and costs, Jo Fitzsimons recommends you approach the Caribbean from another side - Central America.
- 7 Best American Train Trips Less Than $100
- Want to ride on a historic or unique train through great scenery without breaking the bank or spending a whole week doing it? Here's are 7 great choices for affordable and memorable train rides in the USA.
- Six Reasons Toronto is Cooler Than You Think
- Montreal? Vancouver? So last year. Toronto is the Canadian city to visit.
- 11 Great American Sandwiches Worth the Trip
- Cheap and easy to eat, sandwiches are a traveler's go-to meal. Kristen Kuchar shares the best found across the United States.