- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Trip Planning Travel Articles
There are multiple industries dedicated to helping you plan a trip. Skip the travel agent and peruse over 50 articles that will help you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, no matter the length or destination.
- Why Recent College Grads Should Take Time to Travel
- Just graduated college or graduating soon? Frustrated about job prospects? Isabel Eva Bohrer shares tips on a travel option that you may not have thought of. A RTW trip could enhance your resume and make you stand out to prospective employers.
- Wanna Travel Sooner?
- Would you like to travel now, instead of later? Would you like to travel for six months instead of two? How about a lifetime? Jennifer Miller shares some secrets to funding your travels sooner rather than later.
- Planning a U.S. National Parks Trip
- If you'd like to experience the more natural side of the United States, look no further than its nearly 400 national parks. JoAnna Haugen tells you what you need to know before you go.
- Home Exchange
- When Margaret Foley and her family began traveling using home exchanges, they discovered that nothing about home life is universal.
- Avoiding the American Cliche Destinations
- Jenn Miller encourages you to up your game by resisting the tried and true American cliche destinations and branching out a bit. Why not swap Mexico for Guatemala or Costa Rica, the Czech Republic or Ukraine for the usual Euro round up, or the cayes of the barrier reef off of Belize instead of that Caribbean cruise? Better yet, take that brand new passport and do something bad ass, like over landing Borneo or attending a Bedouin festival that no one else does. Get out of your travel rut.
- A Practical Guide to Planning a Short RTW
- How much time do you have for a RTW trip? What do you have to consider in order to plan your adventure? Stacey Ebert has traveled on both a long and short RTW and shares her planning logistics for a short nine-week journey around the world.
- Deciding Where to Go
- Now that you've made the decision to go on a RTW trip, what's next? The planning seems overwhelming at times, so that's why Adam Seper is here to give you tips on how to choose your destinations and route.
- Top 10 Destinations for Independent Travelers in 2014
- In anticipation of its announcement of the Top Indie Travel Destinations for 2015 on Tuesday, BootsnAll takes a look back to its Top Destinations from last year's list.
- 7 Reasons Why Everyone Should Travel Solo At Least Once
- It takes a great deal of courage to set off on one’s own into unknown territory, but there is growth and empowerment in doing so. Renee Lo Iacono shares a few things traveling solo can teach you about yourself and the world.
- Enhance Your Resume with Travel
- Long-term unemployment is a difficult mental hurdle to overcome for those considering a RTW. But a gap in employment doesn't have to hurt your resume. Tara Shubbuck details a few marketable skills that anyone has the opportunity to learn or hone before departing.