- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Outdoors & Adventure Travel Articles
Part of travel for many is getting out into nature and having an adventure. From hiking to camping to bungee jumping to skydiving, an adventure awaits those with a knack for adrenaline and a love of the outdoors.
- Latin America’s Top Six Destinations Right Now
- Colorful, candid and everything in between, Latin America beats to the rhythm of an infectious, eternal drum. To help you plan your trip, check out the TOP 6 HOT SPOTS to visit in Latin America!
- 10 Ideas for Amazing Boat Rides around the World
- The world’s best road trips and railway journeys always get a mention, but there is not so much press about the world's greatest boat rides, says Louise Hanzlik. Take to the water with some of these amazing trips travelling on rivers, seas and canals; they are sure to float your boat.
- Top 5 Countries to Volunteer Outdoors in for Adventurous Travelers
- Adventure travel and volunteer travel both offer a unique perspective on a new destination. Katie Boyer is here to offer 5 of the top destinations for combining adventure travel with volunteering.
- 6 Of the World’s Craziest and Most Challenging Bike Rides
- These 6 cycle trails will have you plummeting down cliff edges, flying over potholes and skidding around hairpin bends, all in the name of an adrenaline kick.
- 10 Fuel-free Adventure Activities
- Whether they get your adrenaline levels soaring or simply offer a unique way to explore the sights, these 10 adventure activities offer mind-boggling heights and break-neck speeds without a drop of fuel in sight.
- Six US National Parks You’ve Probably Never Visited
- True nature lovers wanting to visit their tax dollars at work without all the crowds should consider visiting these national parks, which Cherrye Moore points out are not as popular as they probably should be.
- Adventures in the Dark: Nighttime Activities Around the World
- Opportunities to discover a new place don't end when the sun goes down. Lanthy tells you about activities around the world that are best done in the dark.
- Ski, Surf, Sip, Raft and Ride: Six Places to Explore the Diversity of Chile
- Chile's reputation as an adventure travel destination is booming; Laurel Miller offers up some ideas for a year-round adrenalin-rush (as well as how to take it down a notch when the day is done).
- Alcohol and Adrenaline – A Match Made in Heaven
- Whether you enjoy beer or wine, surfing or paragliding, there is a destination to do it. Here are ten of the best places to taste alcohol and get an adrenaline kick from an adventure sport.
- The Sublime Rush: 7 Ways to Experience the Power of Nature
- There's nothing like the power of nature to make us acutely aware of our mortality, or produce what's knows as feelings of “the sublime." David Joshua Jennings guides us through seven natural phenomena where one can feel the rush of the sublime at its most potent.