- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Outdoors & Adventure Travel Articles
Part of travel for many is getting out into nature and having an adventure. From hiking to camping to bungee jumping to skydiving, an adventure awaits those with a knack for adrenaline and a love of the outdoors.
- Road Trips You’ll Never Want to Experience
- Getting in your car is a simple as putting on your shoes, but how many of us actually think what the potential dangers are? Daniel Butler shares some road trips that are so dangerous or scary, you may never want to experience them.
- Surfing Costa Rica’s Southern Nicoya Peninsula
- Costa Rica´s southern Nicoya Peninsula is home to some of the world’s best surf. On a recent trip, Beverly Gallagher discovered that this is one major surf destination where pros and beginners mingle.
- 5 Great Reasons to Make Cochabamba Your Base for Exploring Bolivia
- Cynthia Ord explains why Cochabamba Bolivia makes a good headquarters for South American travel and living.
- Gift Guide: 17 Gift Ideas for Adventure Travelers
- Are you in need of gift ideas for the adventure loving traveler on your holiday shopping list? We've got plenty of unique gear and gadgets for the adventure traveler.
- Top Adventures in China
- China may be known for its history, culture, and food, but Wanderfly writer and adventurer, Kerrin Sheldon, offers some of the top adventures in the Middle Kingdom.
- 10 of the World’s Most Dangerous Animals and Where to Find Them
- An exotic safari definitely beats sitting in the office, but what about those dangerous wild animals? From man-eating lions to creepy scorpions, Ian Dickinson takes a look at some of the world's most dangerous creatures and where you're likely to find them.
- Surfing Spots in Capetown
- Cape Town has been one of the hottest tourist destinations of today and many people are dying to come over and have a glimpse of its wonderful and natural beauty. Nikko Marasigan could help you get the best adventure in extreme water sports by providing you some of the best surf spots in Capetown City that every out-going adventurers should know about.
- Top 5 Destinations for Volcano Enthusiasts
- You don't have to be an adventure seeker or extreme traveler to take an interest in seeing volcanoes around the world - and there are some awesome places to see volcanic activity. Here are 5 great volcano destinations so you can witness Mother Nature's power first-hand.
- 12 of the Most Active Volcanoes in the World
- Most travelers cringe at the idea of yet another volcano messing up their vacation plans and grounding planes. And then, there are the other travelers who love adventure and would do anything to hike an active volcano, take photos of the lava flow and live dangerously, at least for a while. Here are some of the most active volcanoes on earth, and how you can get up close.
- 8 Places to See the Northern Lights (or Aurora Borealis)
- Northern Lights, also known as Aurora Borealis, is a unique natural phenomenon. Isabel Eva Bohrer shares how it occurs and where you can see it.