- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Outdoors & Adventure Travel Articles
Part of travel for many is getting out into nature and having an adventure. From hiking to camping to bungee jumping to skydiving, an adventure awaits those with a knack for adrenaline and a love of the outdoors.
- Intrepid Travel Rewards Your Curiosity [Sponsored Post]
- A wise man once said that in life, fortune favors the brave. Intrepid Travel is taking that adage one step further and rewarding five of the most curious among us with a mystery trip for two somewhere in the world.
- Three Wales River, Lake, and Sea Kayaking Adventures from Anglesey to the River Dee
- Roy A. Barnes took advantage of Wales' geographic location to kayak on a lake, the sea, and a river, getting "baptized" doing the latter.
- Free-Falling in the Swiss Alps – Interlaken, Switzerland
- People come to Europe from all over the world to see cathedrals, castles, and beautiful architecture, but what about those who are looking for some adventure? Jessica Festa tells us about the Canyon Jump, an amazing thrill in Interlaken, Switzerland, that will allow you to experience the country by free-falling through the Swiss Alps.
- Ultimate U.S. Road Trips for Nature Lovers
- Cross-country tour guide Adam Costa reveals top spots for nature lovers, plus one famous location you should skip. Find out below...
- Pedaling for Pints: Three Great Places for Mixing Bikes and Beer
- Some cities are fantastically bike-friendly. Some are obsessed with good beer. Cynthia Ord has found a few with a combination of both, where sophisticated microbrews are just a leisurely pedal away.
- Five Unexpected Places to Learn to Surf
- Hawaii and Indonesia aren't the only places you can learn to catch waves; Delphine Foo sheds some light on a few lesser-known spots to learn to surf.
- Five of the Most Touristed US National Parks (and How to Escape the Crowds)
- These top 5 most visited US National Parks are popular destinations for a reason. Jenn Molholt tells you where to go to enjoy the parks but not the crowds.
- 6 Natural Phenomena to See Before They Disappear
- The glaciers are melting, tigers are endangered, and rainforests are dwindling. Joanna Eng guides you through some of Earth's at-risk natural wonders in order to inspire you towards more planet-friendly travel and living habits.
- The Ultimate Guide to Booking Adventure Tours Around the World
- When going on an adventure tour, there is a lot to consider. Adam Seper is here to help you choose the right company, ask the right questions, pack the right gear, and even gives tips for dealing with "that guy" in your group.
- 7 Wet and Wild Ways to Experience Costa Rica
- Costa Rica has quickly risen to become one of the top travel destinations in the world, with much of its draw due to the country's water sports that can be enjoyed almost any time of year. Spencer Spellman tells us where, when and how you can experience them.