- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Round the World Wednesday Travel Articles
Every week, on “Round the World Wednesday” we share tips for planning, budgeting and selecting a route, plus advice on where to go and what to see and do all around the world.
- Why a Travel Break Can Be the Best Career Move You’ll Ever Make
- Career breaks and sabbaticals have finally been gaining steam when even as recently as a decade ago they were thought of as career suicide. We talked to 20 people who have taken that leap to find out why they did it and how it changed their lives.
- The Definitive Report on Around the World Airfare – Fall 2014 Update
- BootsnAll released the Around the World Airfare Report this week. Sean Keener, CEO of the BootsnAll Travel Network breaks down the what and why of this report. Why should you care?
- Overplanning vs. Spontaneity
- How much should I plan? How much should I leave open? Planning a long term, RTW trip can cause headaches for first-timers. Luckily Adam Seper is here to help you ask yourself the right questions to make planning that first RTW trip much easier.
- Dreams Deferred
- Life is tough sometimes, isn’t it? It’s not as simple as a rah-rah session of, “Anyone can live their dreams, go, go, go!” Sometimes, there are real reasons that a dream gets deferred. Good reasons. Then what?
- Swapping Your iPhone For a Backpack
- Taking a career-gap for long-term travel can involve more lifestyle adjustment than you might think. Jo Fitzsimons shares her tips on how best to adapt in the early weeks.
- Honoring the Lessons Travel Teaches
- The things we learn about who we are, who we were, who we are becoming, and how that fits with who we thought we were when we started our journey are some of the most profound realizations a traveler comes to on the road. The difficult part, of course, is what happens when we come home
- Solo Travel for Non-Solo Travelers
- Are you married? In a relationship? A family man or woman? Are you a 100% non-solo traveler? Jenn Miller shares why solo travel is still important even when you're not a solo traveler.
- 5 Questions To Ask When Planning Your Big Trip
- Are you planning your first big trip? Jenn Miller shares five questions to ask yourself before you dive in.
- The Role of Pain in Travel
- Travel often has an element of suffering intrinsic to the process, but what about pain as a catalyst for travel? What about the value of suffering physically for the greater journey, both internally and externally? Should we, as indie travelers, be seeking to make the journey more comfortable, or intentionally making it more difficult? How much notice should we take of the pain and discomfort of a journey? What is its proper place, mentally and physically, in an adventure?
- First Hand Experiences
- Indie travel is all about having first hand experiences... so what happens when a seasoned traveler decides there's one she doesn't want to have?