- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Round the World Wednesday Travel Articles
Every week, on “Round the World Wednesday” we share tips for planning, budgeting and selecting a route, plus advice on where to go and what to see and do all around the world.
- Swapping Your iPhone For a Backpack
- Taking a career-gap for long-term travel can involve more lifestyle adjustment than you might think. Jo Fitzsimons shares her tips on how best to adapt in the early weeks.
- Honoring the Lessons Travel Teaches
- The things we learn about who we are, who we were, who we are becoming, and how that fits with who we thought we were when we started our journey are some of the most profound realizations a traveler comes to on the road. The difficult part, of course, is what happens when we come home
- Solo Travel for Non-Solo Travelers
- Are you married? In a relationship? A family man or woman? Are you a 100% non-solo traveler? Jenn Miller shares why solo travel is still important even when you're not a solo traveler.
- 5 Questions To Ask When Planning Your Big Trip
- Are you planning your first big trip? Jenn Miller shares five questions to ask yourself before you dive in.
- The Role of Pain in Travel
- Travel often has an element of suffering intrinsic to the process, but what about pain as a catalyst for travel? What about the value of suffering physically for the greater journey, both internally and externally? Should we, as indie travelers, be seeking to make the journey more comfortable, or intentionally making it more difficult? How much notice should we take of the pain and discomfort of a journey? What is its proper place, mentally and physically, in an adventure?
- First Hand Experiences
- Indie travel is all about having first hand experiences... so what happens when a seasoned traveler decides there's one she doesn't want to have?
- 10 Round the World Travel Myths Debunked
- Excuses, excuses, excuses. When it comes to travel, particularly long term travel, everyone has an excuse for why they can't do it. And many of these excuses are based on myths and faulty information. Adam Seper debunks these myths and gives you the real scoop on round the world travel.
- 9 Famous Adventurers to Inspire Your Travels
- Adam Seper profiles famous adventurers who explored the world before Twitter, Facebook, Google and other modern technology made it as easy as it is today.
- Why Travel?
- In an ongoing series that seeks to get to the root of what drives us to keep exploring, as travelers, Jenn Miller asks a dozen avid adventurers why they travel. The real question is, why do you travel?
- How to Build Your RTW Route
- Deciding where to go on your big trip is a challenge. We offer tips, advice, and a sample, base route that anyone can customize to fit their exact needs in the context of a short or long trip.