- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Round the World Wednesday Travel Articles
Every week, on “Round the World Wednesday” we share tips for planning, budgeting and selecting a route, plus advice on where to go and what to see and do all around the world.
- 9 Famous Adventurers to Inspire Your Travels
- Adam Seper profiles famous adventurers who explored the world before Twitter, Facebook, Google and other modern technology made it as easy as it is today.
- Why Travel?
- In an ongoing series that seeks to get to the root of what drives us to keep exploring, as travelers, Jenn Miller asks a dozen avid adventurers why they travel. The real question is, why do you travel?
- How to Build Your RTW Route
- Deciding where to go on your big trip is a challenge. We offer tips, advice, and a sample, base route that anyone can customize to fit their exact needs in the context of a short or long trip.
- 8 Reasons to Take a Gap Year
- The reasons for taking a gap year - a travel break from school or work - can be many. Adam Seper offers eight of countless more reasons to take a break from normal life to pursue your travel dreams.
- 24 Powerful Quotes to Inspire Your Travels
- With the thousands of meme quotes circulating on social media, Jenn Miller gets inspired to share 24 of her favorites, most of which have never made the meme circuit. What are your favourites?
- The Importance of Community
- Eight years after beginning to plan her family's first big leap into long term travel, Jenn Miller reflects on the importance of community and invites you to join her in building it, here at Boots-n-All
- Dream Big and Travel Far
- Melissa Bannigan did what few single mothers have the courage to do: she quit her job so that she could educate her own child and travel the world. She's created a business out of her passion and now works to inspire and empower other women to follow their dreams and live passion driven lives. And now, she's inviting girls to join her on life changing adventures in Peru!
- Graduation: Give the Gift of Travel
- Jenn Miller makes a case for travel as the continuation of education and issues a challenge to all the old people and the travelers in the world: give the gift of travel and change a young life!
- The Importance of Optimism
- Jenn Miller points out that an optimistic attitude is not something you can order at REI along with your titanium spork and have delivered in a lightweight packing cube to fit nicely alongside your water filter and guidebook. A very few people come by it naturally but, for most of us, it’s an exercise in character development and intentionality. It’s a quality born of adversity and enough miles under our belts, literally and figuratively, to have some perspective on the journey. In short: you’ve got to live through some stuff before you believe you’re going to live through this too.
- Why Recent College Grads Should Take Time to Travel
- Just graduated college or graduating soon? Frustrated about job prospects? Isabel Eva Bohrer shares tips on a travel option that you may not have thought of. A RTW trip could enhance your resume and make you stand out to prospective employers.