- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
RTW Travel Travel Articles
BootsnAll has been connecting Independent travelers since 1998, and the RTW (Round the World) trip is the pinnacle of an independent travel experience. Peruse over 60 articles about RTW travel, from inspirational articles meant to give you that extra kick out the door, to articles helping you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, to a free 30-day planning course that will give you all the tools necessary to plan the king of all indie trips.
- Deciding Where to Go
- Now that you've made the decision to go on a RTW trip, what's next? The planning seems overwhelming at times, so that's why Adam Seper is here to give you tips on how to choose your destinations and route.
- Getting the Most Value with Your Route
- We used data to build our Top Destinations List for 2015, and today we're going to put that data into action. Check out 8 bookable routes to inspire your route planning, and see how using the top destinations to build your flight path offers tremendous value.
- A New Year’s Resolution: Get Over Your Irrational Fears
- Jenn Miller discusses the fears that hold us back, and how to overcome those that we allow to become irrational and paralyze us. Yes, there are things to be afraid of, but it's important to keep those things in perspective, and there are ways to overcome those fears.
- Top 10 Destinations for Independent Travelers in 2014
- In anticipation of its announcement of the Top Indie Travel Destinations for 2015 on Tuesday, BootsnAll takes a look back to its Top Destinations from last year's list.
- The Freedom of Travel vs. The Paralysis of Stuff
- On the heels of Black Friday, Jenn Miller discusses why she'd rather have options than possessions and questions the sanity of following the American Dream just because that's the way it's always been done. Are you itching for something different? Read on.
- How to Cope with Spending the Holidays Away From Home
- With the holidays upon us, there are countless travelers on the road who won't be spending Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year's Eve with their loved ones back home, and that can be tough, even for the most hard core traveler. Adam Seper is here to help you cope with being away from home during the holiday season.
- Gift Guide for Long-Term Travelers
- If you're struggling with what to give the travel lover in your life, this gift guide will help. From $10 stocking stuffers to RTW plane tickets, there's something for every budget!
- Round the World in Retirement
- It’s been said that “life begins at retirement.” It certainly can! Anne Supsic explains why retirement is the ideal moment in time to wave goodbye to your old life and see the world.
- Ten Mistakes to Avoid on Your Around the World Trip
- Here are some personal gaffs that could quite easily have been avoided had Helen heeded warnings, followed advice, and planned just a little bit better . Yes, that’s right; they’ve all been tried and tested, so better just take Helen’s word for it, rather than stumble into the same pitfalls yourself.
- Five Truths About Long-Term Travel
- Many people fantasize about long-term travel. And no wonder - it can be a truly transformative experience. But it's not all glamour and excitement. Mariellen Ward shares Five Hard Truths About Long-Term Travel that can help prepare you for the inevitable reality check.