- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Solo Travel Travel Articles
A big misconception of solo travel is that it’s lonely. Quite the contrary – one theme you’ll notice in all our solo travel articles is that it’s next to impossible to be lonely on the road, even if you depart home by yourself.
- 15 Totally Awkward Solo Travel Situations. . . and How to Cope with Them
- When solo travel becomes uncomfortable, it is probably not as enjoyable as it should be. Brooke Schoenman, along with fellow world travelers, gives you 15 situations when it is totally awkward to be a solo traveler.
- Dealing With Loneliness As a Solo Traveler
- Hilary Hershberger channels her own experiences as a young solo traveler to reflect on what it means to be alone and abroad, and relays her suggestions on dealing with loneliness while traveling.
- 8 Ways to Avoid the Single Supplement as a Solo Traveler
- Solo travel can be wonderfully liberating - until you see the words "single supplement" on a tour package. BootsnAll writer Jessica Spiegel explores some of the ways solo travelers can avoid paying a single supplement.
- 12 Ways to Combat the Solo Traveler Blues
- Solo traveling is incredibly rewarding, but even the most independent travelers get broad-sided with loneliness at times. Denise Esser shares 12 tips on combating the lone traveler blues to help ensure that your solo journey will be an unforgettable experience.
- Six Feisty Female Travelers
- Like with so many other things, the most famous travelers all tend to be men. Lucy Corne points out that there have been some amazing female travelers who deserve credit and attention as well.