- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Money Travel Articles
In order to travel, you need to have money. How much you need depends on each person, but perusing the following articles can teach you about things like making money on the road, automating your finances for a big trip, and real budgets for real trips by real people.
- Visa and Reciprocity Fees in South America
- Entry fees for Americans going to South American countries range from zero to shockingly high. Expat and visa expert Eileen Smith explains the situation and offers tips on avoiding many of the charges.
- 8 Tips to Automate Your Finances For Travel
- No one likes to miss paying a bill, and when you're on the road, staying on top of your finances can be difficult. By taking these 8 steps to automate your life, you are setting yourself to make travel much easier.
- 28 Ways to Save Money for Your Big Trip
- Saving up funds for a big trip can be challenging, yet people who are serious about traveling are always pulling it off. Katie Hammel has collected 28 expert ideas, and even doing just a few of these will go a long way.
- How I Overcame Obstacles to Travel the World
- For many of us, we have an illusion that the lack of money is what's holding us back from turning our dreams of traveling the world into a reality. Renee Lo Iacono, like so many other people, had to overcome this obstacle as well as many others in order to make her dream of traveling the world come true.
- Confessions of a Reformed Spender
- I once read that saving money is a lot like getting in shape–it’s not enough to swap a salad for a pizza slice here and there, you really have to commit and just choose to eat healthy and visit the gym. Saving money for travel is similar in that you have to choose to save money and put your purchases into perspective. Although I am a reformed spender (who occasionally relapses with the impulse purchase at Duane Reade) these tricks have come a long way in helping me save for my adventure.
- Winging It
- We associate travel with freedom, spontaneity and adventure -- which it too often isn't. Michael Fraiman recalls six times when planning ahead could have spared him wasted hours and hundreds of dollars.
- How Not To Get Ripped Off When Using an ATM
- As thieves get more clever, travelers have to get smarter. Jessica Spiegel outlines what to look for before you put your credit or debit card into an unfamiliar bank machine, in case it's been tampered with.
- Round the World Travel Budgets Revealed: The Real Costs of 11 Real Trips
- Instead of just telling you that RTW travel can be for anyone, it's now time to show you. We gathered 11 RTW travelers and asked them the ins and outs of their budget. We have exact numbers for you that show where people went, how they traveled, how long they were gone, and most importantly, how much they spent.
- 12 Tips to Haggle Like a Pro: Souvenir Shopping on the Road
- Buying gifts and souvenirs on the road can be fun, but also a good way to get ripped off. Here are 12 tips that should help you get better deals with confidence.
- The Real Cost of Traveling the World Like Rolf Potts
- Many dream of traveling the world but dismiss it as impossible. Adam Seper is here to go over the nitty-gritty budgeting details of a trip around the world.