- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
South America Travel Articles
Once you’ve arrived in this remarkable continent, the natural beauty and varied options will have you never wanting to leave. Come learn about Macchu Picchu, hiking in Patagonia, the friendliness of the Colombian people, the food of Buenos Aires, and more in the following pages of articles on South America.
- Uruguay: 7 Big Ways to Experience This Small Country
- Most travelers to South America include Brazil and Argentina in their itineraries, but exclude the small country of Uruguay. Lisa Mercer offers seven reasons why this little country has big appeal.
- Archaeological Anomalies in Peru
- History books tells us one story about our past, but archaeological evidence present a whole new story. Richard Oldale explores Peru and digs up six historic sites that don't fit with what we are told.
- 6 “Off the Beaten Path” Places to Visit in Buenos Aires
- Expat Marcello explore some of the unique, off the beaten path, aspects of Buenos Aires.
- The Seven Animal Wonders of The Galapagos Islands
- The Galapagos Islands have some of the strangest looking animals the world has ever seen. In this engaging article, international explorer Charlie Withers give you the rundown on seven of the strangest inhabitant of the Galapagos islands, and why you have to see them for yourself.
- People of Plaza De Armas, Santiago, Chile
- When Jody Hanson moved into an apartment in Portal Fernandez Concha in Santiago's historic Plaza de Armas, she realized that she would get an insider's view of Santiago that very few people ever get to see.
- Four Seasons in Buenos Aires: How to Travel Like a Local All Year Round
- From sweltering summer days to chilled winter nights, this is your year-round guide to immersing yourself in Latin America’s coolest capital.
- Traditional Markets in Latin America: A Guide for First Time Shoppers
- Shopping at traditional markets is an essential experience when traveling in Latin America. Rich Feffer gives novices some tips and hints for market shopping.
- The Incredible National Parks of South America
- Most people have heard of the Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu or Torres del Paine, but did you know that South America has over 300 more spectacular national parks and nature reserves? Simone Cannon de Bastardo takes you on a tour of some of the best.
- Ten Places in South America to Escape the Northern Winter
- It may be cold and snowy in the Northern hemisphere, but in South America, the days are warm, sunny and filled with summertime outdoor activities. Simone Cannon de Bastardo shows you where to head to escape the deep-freeze.
- Exploring Peru’s Sacred Valley of the Incas by Car
- Most people go the Sacred Valley either by train to Ollantaytambo or by bus on an organized tour, but if you take the trouble to do it on your own, you will find that it is worth the effort.