- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
South America Travel Articles
Once you’ve arrived in this remarkable continent, the natural beauty and varied options will have you never wanting to leave. Come learn about Macchu Picchu, hiking in Patagonia, the friendliness of the Colombian people, the food of Buenos Aires, and more in the following pages of articles on South America.
- Nine Reasons Why You Should Go To Peru as a Senior
- Don't let retirement make you think you're too old to hike the Inca Trail in Peru! David F. Haas shows you that you can.
- How to Choose the Antarctic Cruise That’s Right for You
- You'd be surprised at how many itinerary options there are to choose from for a cruise to Antarctica. Phill Danze has experienced one first hand and has some great tips to help you make the best decision.
- Six Places To Go in Brazil Besides Rio
- Rio might be Brazil's most popular tourist destination, but Andy Hayes thinks there are at least six other places in Brazil you should have on your must-see list instead.
- 15 Latin American Fruits to Surprise your Palate
- Fans of exotic fruit have an abundance of choices when visiting most of Latin America. Eileen Smith lives there and here she shares some of the most interesting specimens.
- Vegetarian Travel Tips for South America
- South America is known for its meat, among other things, and this can make planning a visit a real challenge for a vegetarian. But fear not, as Lauren Quinn gives us expert advice on exactly how you can do it with ease.
- Subways of South America – Your Underground Guide
- Fans of underground railroads might not realize that South America is packed with the things. Eileen Smith gives us a complete guide loaded with interesting trivia.
- Visa and Reciprocity Fees in South America, and How to Legally Get Around Many of Them
- Entry fees for Americans going to South American countries range from zero to shockingly high. Expat and visa expert Eileen Smith explains the situation and offers tips on avoiding many of the charges.
- What’s Green In Antarctica?
- It's natural to expect a trip to Antarctica to be like visiting a huge block of ice, but Lynda Joy Smith discovered that green isn't too hard to find near the bottom of the earth.