- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Technology Travel Articles
With each passing day, technology becomes a bigger and bigger part of our lives, and travel is no different. Learn about things like the best travel apps, how plugged in (or unplugged) you should be during your trip, and how to use technology to help you travel better.
- Is Constant Connection Ruining Travel?
- We live in a world of constant connectivity. While technology has made it much easier to travel, has it also hindered our ability to be truly present? Jenni Mahnaz explores the idea of being too connected while on the road.
- Practical Advice for Location Independent Professionals
- Jenn Miller shares a laundry list of practical advice for the would-be Location Independent, from banking to tax issues and whether or not you're violating your visa to a list of useful Apps.
- 5 Tips for Finding Balance Between Technology and Travel
- In a world filled with innovative technologies, finding a balance of when and when not to use these social media outlets while traveling can pose a challenge. Here are a few tips for how to live in the moment while still finding time to tweet and Facebook your friends from back home.
- 50 of the Best Smartphone Apps for Indie Travelers
- From getting your visas to getting your vaccinations, finding an ATM to finding a toilet, booking a flight to booking a campsite, Greg Banecker breaks down 50 of the best smartphone travel apps that are sure to make your travels less stressful, more convenient, and above all, really, really cool.
- 20 Gear Items and Gadgets That Promise to Make Your Trip Easier
- With new gadgets hitting the market every day, there's always some new piece of technology promising to make your life easier. Isabel Eva Bohrer shares 20 of the latest gadgets and why you might (or might not) need them in your travel pack.
- 10 Non-Travel Resources To Help You Travel Better
- Planning an RTW trip is a time consuming process, and travelers are always looking for ways to make their planning and traveling easier. Adam Seper offers ten tactics and resources that, while not specifically designed for long-term travelers, can help you stay organized and in touch while on the road.
- Four Reasons to Travel with an E-Reader
- Everyone is talking about e-readers, but is the hassle of a new gadget worth taking it on the road? Yvette Cendes reports back from her road test of the Kindle, and explains why you should buy one.
- Five Reasons to Never Leave Home Without a Moleskine + Giveaway
- Modern-day travelers have a world of technology at our fingertips: computers, netbooks, smartphones, digital camers, iPods, iPhones, iPads. Technology can be a wonderful thing, but we propose that sometimes, nothing beats good old-fashioned pen and paper.
- BootsnAll’s Favorite iPhone Apps for Travel
- Jessica Spiegel has gathered all the iPhone travel apps lists that have been published on BootsnAll into one list - it's a collection of some fantastic, funny, and downright useful apps for some of the world's most popular travel destinations.
- 5 Online Tools to Help Enrich Your Offline Travel Experiences
- With all the technology and social media available to us, it's easy to live a life completely online. But travel is all about making connections in the real world, so here are five ways to use online tools to make offline friends.