Tours Travel Articles
Taking tours isn’t the most indie of travel experiences, and a lot goes into choosing the tour that’s right for you. Sometimes it’s necessary to join up with a tour group to see certain sites and have certain experiences, and the following articles will help you find one that’s perfect.
- The Ultimate Guide to Booking Adventure Tours Around the World
- When going on an adventure tour, there is a lot to consider. Adam Seper is here to help you choose the right company, ask the right questions, pack the right gear, and even gives tips for dealing with "that guy" in your group.
- Top 20 Must-Do Trips Across the Planet [Sponsored Post]
- From the snowy peaks of Everest and the golden plains of the Serengeti, to the bustling markets of Marrakech and the cobbled streets of Prague – it’s a beautiful world out there. See more of it with these 20 top Intrepid Travel trips.
- How to Hire a Private Guide
- Spend a day with a private guide and get the benefits of guided travel without giving up your independence. Anne Supsic explains how to find the right guide for you.
- How To Prevent Hawkers and Touts From Spoiling Your Travels
- Hawkers, touts and tuk-tuk drivers. In some parts of the world, legions of them await, ready to haggle travelers into submission. Tom Shuttleworth loads up on patience and heads out to pave the way for smoother travels.
- Cultural Tourism: Does it Help or Exploit Local Communities?
- Is cultural tourism a way to preserve indigenous cultures or does it simply exploit traditions for the sake of tourist dollars? JoAnna Haugen explores the fine line this type of tourism walks when travelers seek out opportunities to learn about the local culture.
- How to Negotiate With A Tour Guide To Get The Experience You Really Want
- You don't have to accept the pre-packaged tour just as it is, says Mary Richardson - often all it takes is a little bit of negotiating to turn a ho-hum tour into one that's tailor-made for you.
- Angels & Demons Secret Vatican Tour
- Fans of Angels & Demons may not know that there is a "secret" tour of the Vatican. Debi Lander was lucky enough to experience it, and she shares her experience with us here.
- 5 Places You Can Become a Coffee Snob
- Not all coffee is created equal, so Cherrye Moore takes us on a tour of 5 countries to visit some of the very best in the world.