- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Art Travel Articles
There are plenty of travelers who could plan an entire RTW trip around museums. If you are this type of traveler, then the following pages are for you. We share tips and advice for seeing and learning about art around the world – from museums to street art to entire cities.
- 30 Days of Indie Travel Art Project
- Do you have a passion for long-term travel? Do you love to create - whether it's writing, photography, videography, or art of any kind? Then our 30-day blogging challenge is for you!
- The Moscow Metro Museum of Art: 10 Must-See Stations
- In a city where prices elevate to astronomical, Jonathon Engels tells how, for less than a dollar, Moscow's Metro can offer some of the most notable sights the city has and provide a culture exchange of the truest nature.
- 15 of the Most Beautiful Subway Stops in the World
- Subway stops are more than places for passengers to transition from one train to another. Isabel Eva Bohrer shares 15 of the coolest subway stops around the world.
- 15 of the Best Small, Quirky, and Unusual Museums in the US
- From a frozen-in-time apothecary to a surprisingly fascinating homage to flour, Sara Gates recommends a selection of 15 smaller, quirkier American alternatives to the traditional museum-going experience.
- 9 of the Coolest Art Hotels in the World
- Hanging a painting on the wall is simple. Turning an entire hotel room into a work of art, however, is less common. Isabel Eva Bohrer shares 9 of the coolest art hotels in the world.
- 12 Great Foreign Films to View Before Your Trip
- Movies are a great way to learn about other places. There are plenty of lists out there tallying up travel movies, but these particular movies are less overtly about travel and more about foreign people, places, and stories. These aren't films that necessarily glamorize travel or even want to make you visit the countries, but they all have a strong sense of place/time and reveal cultural quirks.
- How to Make Museum Trips Fun for Your Kids
- Art education is part of any child's holistic learning process and one of the best ways to develop art appreciation is to bring your children to a museum. Prime Sarmiento gives some tips on how to make museum trips fun and interesting for kids (and adults too!).
- Visiting World’s Fairs: 11 Museums and Monuments that Take Us Back to the Future
- World's Fairs are designed as windows into the future, but memorable events have left a few monuments to the past. Matthew Stone highlights 12 famous buildings, from Knoxville to Paris, left over from World’s Fairs.
- Home Sweet Home – 7 Famous People’s Homes Turned Museums
- For some us, traveling can be a sort of pilgrimage, not the religious kind, but one which makes us seek out the homes of some of the most inspirational people in the world. Denise Pulis shares a few of her favorite homes turned museums, but she knows there are many, many more.
- The World’s Best Cities for Viewing Art Nouveau Art and Architecture
- Art Nouveau is nowhere near "the new art" anymore, but you can still enjoy the Nouveau style around the world. Jessica Peter recommends eight places to see.