- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Travel with Kids Travel Articles
Family travel in this century doesn’t necessarily mean Disney World and Florida beaches. Learn why and how you might want to take your family on a round the world trip, making the world your kids’ classroom while going on the best field trip ever.
- Why You Should Hostel with Your Family
- Hosteling is not just for the young gap-year traveler anymore. Jennifer Miller shows families how to choose a hostel, what to pack, how to make the most of the experience, and maybe even score a private room. (Hint: have more kids!)
- Ignore the Myths and Take The Kids to Mexico
- If you follow conventional wisdom, you'll keep yourself (and your kids) far away from "dangerous" Mexico. Rachel Denning reveals that the orthodoxy is nothing more than urban legend that should be ignored, resulting in a fabulous family travel adventure.
- MBA vs. RTW
- The world is changing by the minute, yet many western countries still have traditional (and archaic) views of education. Maybe it's time we re-assess traditional education. What are your thoughts?
- Family Health and Safety on a RTW Trip
- If you're taking off on an adventure with your family, then health and safety are going to be two of your biggest concerns. Take some time and carefully think through your plans for keeping people healthy and safe on the road! Jenn Miller will walk you through the basics!
- Why Raise an Indie Traveler?
- Though bringing your child with you while traveling may seem like too much hassle, Jenn Molholt shows how it can teach you - and your child - to be a better traveler.
- 5 Road Schooling Ideas
- One important aspect of long term travel with kids that must be considered is education. Jenn Miller has home schooled her kids since birth and is in her sixth year of road schooling them as they adventure. Read along and think through your philosophy, curriculum options, and hands on ideas for how to make it happen as you hit the road.
- Round the World Family Budget Planning
- Starting to work out your budget for a family RTW journey? Start here! Jenn Miller talks costs and variables. Seven real traveling families share their budget numbers to help get you started!
- It’s Not What You Think: Long Term Family Travel
- Jenn Miller has a PhD in family travel earned from the University of Crazy Mamas Abroad. With four kids and nearly 30 countries across five continents under her belt, she's certified to tell it like it really is.
- In Defense of Multi-Generational Travel
- Jennifer Miller has been traveling since before she was born... sometimes with her parents, sometimes with her kids. When she's very lucky, with both at the same time. Multi-generational travel may not be easy, but it's very worth it. She'll give you three good reasons to dive into the deep end of the world and take your parents.
- Preparing Young Children To Fly
- Jenn Miller has been traveling with kids for seventeen years across six continents and nearly 30 countries. She has a master's degree in toddler travel, having ridden that merry-go-round five times over a ten year span. She weighs in on airplane etiquette for children, how to prepare at home, and structure for success.