- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Travel with Kids Travel Articles
Family travel in this century doesn’t necessarily mean Disney World and Florida beaches. Learn why and how you might want to take your family on a round the world trip, making the world your kids’ classroom while going on the best field trip ever.
- 5 Road Schooling Ideas
- One important aspect of long term travel with kids that must be considered is education. Jenn Miller has home schooled her kids since birth and is in her sixth year of road schooling them as they adventure. Read along and think through your philosophy, curriculum options, and hands on ideas for how to make it happen as you hit the road.
- Round the World Family Budget Planning
- Starting to work out your budget for a family RTW journey? Start here! Jenn Miller talks costs and variables. Seven real traveling families share their budget numbers to help get you started!
- RTW Family Travel: The Case for Slowing Down
- With your map unrolled on the dining room table, it's tempting to keep adding dots to your itinerary. After all, you don't want to miss anything! Grab a glass of wine and sit down with Jenn Miller as she explains why they've learned to travel slower, and see the benefits of a less hectic pace for family travel.
- It’s Not What You Think: Long Term Family Travel
- Jenn Miller has a PhD in family travel earned from the University of Crazy Mamas Abroad. With four kids and nearly 30 countries across five continents under her belt, she's certified to tell it like it really is.
- In Defense of Multi-Generational Travel
- Jennifer Miller has been traveling since before she was born... sometimes with her parents, sometimes with her kids. When she's very lucky, with both at the same time. Multi-generational travel may not be easy, but it's very worth it. She'll give you three good reasons to dive into the deep end of the world and take your parents.
- Preparing Young Children To Fly
- Jenn Miller has been traveling with kids for seventeen years across six continents and nearly 30 countries. She has a master's degree in toddler travel, having ridden that merry-go-round five times over a ten year span. She weighs in on airplane etiquette for children, how to prepare at home, and structure for success.
- Ecotourism for the Whole Family
- Many people assume that eco travel is for hippies and backpackers, but more and more families are jumping on the bandwagon. Christine Garvin shows five destinations that are great for families looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Five Reasons Parents Should Travel With Their Kids
- Many families debate whether or not traveling with their kids is a worthwhile or healthy thing to do. Hannah Miller, a teen who's traveled all over the world, shares a few of the reasons family travel is not only a good thing, but a highly beneficial way of life for both parents and children!
- 21 Reasons to Travel Around the World with Kids…From Those Who Have Done It
- People often say that they want to travel while they're young because once they have kids, it'll be too late. Adam Seper talks to several families who are doing long-term travel with kids to find out just how false that misconception is and how rewarding it is to explore the world as a family.
- Can Families Travel Indie-Style On a Tour?
- There are lots of travel myths floating around out there. Two of the biggest are that you can't take a real indie trip as a family, and you can't have an indie travel experience on a guided tour. Adam Seper is here to dispel those myths and show you how to do both.