- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Travel with Kids Travel Articles
Family travel in this century doesn’t necessarily mean Disney World and Florida beaches. Learn why and how you might want to take your family on a round the world trip, making the world your kids’ classroom while going on the best field trip ever.
- Giving Teens the Freedom To Travel
- Would you let your child backpack alone with only other teens at 14? How 'bout play music gigs in bars at 15? Would you let your 13 year old live and work with college students on a farm a thousand miles away? Would you let your kids go out for dinner in a strange city, in Thailand, at night, alone? Jenn Miller has let her kids do all of these things and more. In this article she makes the argument for expanding the freedom of teenagers and expecting the very best as a result. You gave them roots, are you brave enough to give them wings?
- You Can Travel After the Kids Are Gone
- Travel is for twenty-somethings and retirees. Kids don't need the mind-expansion or exposure to things outside their little corner of the world. Keep them home; you can travel once they're gone.
- Sharing Travel With A New Generation
- A vocal advocate for the benefits of travel for young people, Jenni describes her top reasons for happily sharing her own travel experiences with "other people's children."
- 10 Tips for Traveling with Babies
- Are you staring down your first big trip with baby and shaking in your boots? Travel with infants can terrify even the most seasoned pre-kid travelers. Jenn Miller, mother and road warrior, shares her ten tips for success when traveling with young children, and a couple of horror stories as well.
- Ignore the Myths and Take The Kids to Mexico
- If you follow conventional wisdom, you'll keep yourself (and your kids) far away from "dangerous" Mexico. Rachel Denning reveals that the orthodoxy is nothing more than urban legend that should be ignored, resulting in a fabulous family travel adventure.
- MBA vs. RTW
- The world is changing by the minute, yet many western countries still have traditional (and archaic) views of education. Maybe it's time we re-assess traditional education. What are your thoughts?
- Family Health and Safety on a RTW Trip
- If you're taking off on an adventure with your family, then health and safety are going to be two of your biggest concerns. Take some time and carefully think through your plans for keeping people healthy and safe on the road! Jenn Miller will walk you through the basics!
- Why Raise an Indie Traveler?
- Though bringing your child with you while traveling may seem like too much hassle, Jenn Molholt shows how it can teach you - and your child - to be a better traveler.
- 5 Road Schooling Ideas
- One important aspect of long term travel with kids that must be considered is education. Jenn Miller has home schooled her kids since birth and is in her sixth year of road schooling them as they adventure. Read along and think through your philosophy, curriculum options, and hands on ideas for how to make it happen as you hit the road.
- Round the World Family Budget Planning
- Starting to work out your budget for a family RTW journey? Start here! Jenn Miller talks costs and variables. Seven real traveling families share their budget numbers to help get you started!