- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Travel with Kids Travel Articles
Family travel in this century doesn’t necessarily mean Disney World and Florida beaches. Learn why and how you might want to take your family on a round the world trip, making the world your kids’ classroom while going on the best field trip ever.
- 10 Tips for Traveling with Babies
- Are you staring down your first big trip with baby and shaking in your boots? Travel with infants can terrify even the most seasoned pre-kid travelers. Jenn Miller, mother and road warrior, shares her ten tips for success when traveling with young children, and a couple of horror stories as well.
- Ignore the Myths and Take The Kids to Mexico
- If you follow conventional wisdom, you'll keep yourself (and your kids) far away from "dangerous" Mexico. Rachel Denning reveals that the orthodoxy is nothing more than urban legend that should be ignored, resulting in a fabulous family travel adventure.
- Why Raise an Indie Traveler?
- Though bringing your child with you while traveling may seem like too much hassle, Jenn Molholt shows how it can teach you - and your child - to be a better traveler.
- Round the World Family Budget Planning
- Starting to work out your budget for a family RTW journey? Start here! Jenn Miller talks costs and variables. Seven real traveling families share their budget numbers to help get you started!
- It’s Not What You Think: Long Term Family Travel
- Jenn Miller has a PhD in family travel earned from the University of Crazy Mamas Abroad. With four kids and nearly 30 countries across five continents under her belt, she's certified to tell it like it really is.
- In Defense of Multi-Generational Travel
- Jennifer Miller has been traveling since before she was born... sometimes with her parents, sometimes with her kids. When she's very lucky, with both at the same time. Multi-generational travel may not be easy, but it's very worth it. She'll give you three good reasons to dive into the deep end of the world and take your parents.
- Preparing Young Children To Fly
- Jenn Miller has been traveling with kids for seventeen years across six continents and nearly 30 countries. She has a master's degree in toddler travel, having ridden that merry-go-round five times over a ten year span. She weighs in on airplane etiquette for children, how to prepare at home, and structure for success.
- Ecotourism for the Whole Family
- Many people assume that eco travel is for hippies and backpackers, but more and more families are jumping on the bandwagon. Christine Garvin shows five destinations that are great for families looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
- 21 Reasons to Travel Around the World with Kids…From Those Who Have Done It
- People often say that they want to travel while they're young because once they have kids, it'll be too late. Adam Seper talks to several families who are doing long-term travel with kids to find out just how false that misconception is and how rewarding it is to explore the world as a family.
- Can Families Travel Indie-Style On a Tour?
- There are lots of travel myths floating around out there. Two of the biggest are that you can't take a real indie trip as a family, and you can't have an indie travel experience on a guided tour. Adam Seper is here to dispel those myths and show you how to do both.