- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Travel with Kids Travel Articles
Family travel in this century doesn’t necessarily mean Disney World and Florida beaches. Learn why and how you might want to take your family on a round the world trip, making the world your kids’ classroom while going on the best field trip ever.
- In Defense of Multi-Generational Travel
- Jennifer Miller has been traveling since before she was born... sometimes with her parents, sometimes with her kids. When she's very lucky, with both at the same time. Multi-generational travel may not be easy, but it's very worth it. She'll give you three good reasons to dive into the deep end of the world and take your parents.
- Preparing Young Children To Fly
- Jenn Miller has been traveling with kids for seventeen years across six continents and nearly 30 countries. She has a master's degree in toddler travel, having ridden that merry-go-round five times over a ten year span. She weighs in on airplane etiquette for children, how to prepare at home, and structure for success.
- Ecotourism for the Whole Family
- Many people assume that eco travel is for hippies and backpackers, but more and more families are jumping on the bandwagon. Christine Garvin shows five destinations that are great for families looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Five Reasons Parents Should Travel With Their Kids
- Many families debate whether or not traveling with their kids is a worthwhile or healthy thing to do. Hannah Miller, a teen who's traveled all over the world, shares a few of the reasons family travel is not only a good thing, but a highly beneficial way of life for both parents and children!
- 21 Reasons to Travel Around the World with Kids…From Those Who Have Done It
- People often say that they want to travel while they're young because once they have kids, it'll be too late. Adam Seper talks to several families who are doing long-term travel with kids to find out just how false that misconception is and how rewarding it is to explore the world as a family.
- Can Families Travel Indie-Style On a Tour?
- There are lots of travel myths floating around out there. Two of the biggest are that you can't take a real indie trip as a family, and you can't have an indie travel experience on a guided tour. Adam Seper is here to dispel those myths and show you how to do both.
- Why Croatia is the Ultimate Indie Travel Destination for Young Families
- An independently-planned family vacation is often just a question of finding a destination that's perfect for you. For Jane Graham and her family of four children, that destination was Croatia and its islands - here's why.
- Leaping Off The Page: 10 Literary Locations To Visit With Kids
- Forget Harry Potter’s Wizarding World. Joanne O’Sullivan discovers literary destinations that will leave kids with a longer lasting impression than they can get from a ride on a hippogriff roller coaster.
- Miami Nice – Family Fun in South Beach, Florida
- Traveling to South Beach with toddlers may not be an obvious choice, what with the drag shows, 36 oz. giant drinks, and scantily-clad bodies everywhere, but Michelle Lafleur will show you that there are enough kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained on a budget that parents can afford.
- Educational Travel: How to Get Permission and Justify the Experience to Your Local School
- Have you ever been tempted to just take your kids out of school and hit the road? Maybe you worried about getting permission or how to demonstrate what your child would learn while traveling. Jennifer Miller skipped most of third and eighth grade because her family was traveling. Those were the best two years of her "schooling," and she went on to become a teacher herself! She will show you how to craft a pitch to your school administrators and how to quantify the learning for your child, and perhaps even benefit every child in your kid's class!