- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Travel with Kids Travel Articles
Family travel in this century doesn’t necessarily mean Disney World and Florida beaches. Learn why and how you might want to take your family on a round the world trip, making the world your kids’ classroom while going on the best field trip ever.
- Family Health and Safety on a RTW Trip
- If you're taking off on an adventure with your family, then health and safety are going to be two of your biggest concerns. Take some time and carefully think through your plans for keeping people healthy and safe on the road! Jenn Miller will walk you through the basics!
- What Travel Has Meant to My Education
- Travel has long been accepted as a vital part of a well-rounded education. Having traveled full-time from the age of eleven, Hannah Miller shares insight on what seven years of travel on five continents have meant to her education.
- 5 Road Schooling Ideas
- One important aspect of long term travel with kids that must be considered is education. Jenn Miller has home schooled her kids since birth and is in her eighth year of road schooling them as they adventure. Read along and think through your philosophy, curriculum options, and hands on ideas for how to make it happen as you hit the road.
- Educational Travel: How to Get Permission and Justify the Experience to Your Local School
- Have you ever been tempted to just take your kids out of school and hit the road? Maybe you worried about getting permission or how to demonstrate what your child would learn while traveling. Jennifer Miller skipped most of third and eighth grade because her family was traveling. Those were the best two years of her "schooling," and she went on to become a teacher herself! She will show you how to craft a pitch to your school administrators and how to quantify the learning for your child, and perhaps even benefit every child in your kid's class!
- Five Reasons Parents Should Travel With Their Kids
- Many families debate whether or not traveling with their kids is a worthwhile or healthy thing to do. Hannah Miller, a teen who's traveled all over the world, shares a few of the reasons family travel is not only a good thing, but a highly beneficial way of life for both parents and children!
- Long Term Travel As Education
- Have you ever wondered what long term traveling families "do about keeping up with school" for their kids? Perhaps you're asking the wrong question. Jenn Miller, world schooling mother of four, teacher by trade, discusses world schooling as a viable educational alternative.
- MBA vs. RTW
- The world is changing by the minute, yet many western countries still have traditional (and archaic) views of education. Maybe it's time we re-assess traditional education. What are your thoughts?
- 5 (Selfish) Reasons to Travel With Your Kids
- Forget the educational, social and longterm benefits of travel for children. Jenn Miller enumerates the immediate benefits for parents: Just imagine, a whole year off of Soccer Saturdays, kid's parties, minivan life, and the judgement of fellow parents. Sign me up.
- How a Family Packs for Long Term Travel
- Jenn Miller has been traveling with her four children for seven years straight, across five continents, through more than thirty countries, by bicycle, foot, ferry, bus, train, airplane and more. They've lived in tents for a year at a time and put their feet up at the Four Seasons. If you're wondering what to pack and how to pack it for any sort of adventure with kids, she can help you.
- Making the World Your Global Classroom
- If you travel to learn just as much as to get away, or if you are a traveling family looking to take your kids on the ultimate field trip, check out this boots on the ground class, Volcanology and Geothermal Energy 101.