- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Travelers Travel Articles
What would travel be without other travelers? Sure, meeting locals is a great part of traveling, but so is meeting other travelers, and there are lots of you out there who are doing some pretty amazing things.
- A Day in the Life
- Join David Joshua Jennings in a Tibetan Settlement in south India for a average day in the life of a long-term traveler.
- Make Meaningful Connections
- At BootsnAll, our core values guide everything we do, including the articles we publish. We think these values not only fit the company brilliantly, they speak to many of the things we love about travel, too. Here are some of the best articles we've published that showcase one (or more) of these core values.
- A Dozen Reasons Why
- Jenn Miller asks another dozen wanderers why they travel. The answers are as interesting and varied as the travelers. Have you answered the big question yet? Why do you travel?
- Travel: It’s About Personal Transformation
- She's said it before, she'll say it again: Travel is not a contest. It’s not a party trick you pull out to increase your winsomeness on a Friday evening in a roomful of strangers. You might have been two years on the road across four continents and if you haven’t learned a damned thing from it then your story matters less than the seventeen year old kid who is one week into her first three week sojourn but who has just had her world rocked forever. Jenn Miller discusses a principle from the Indie Manifesto and examines why personal transformation is the ultimate goal of travel.
- Meta Mindset of the Long-Term Traveler
- The list of the positive aspects of travel would is inexhaustible, but to only document the positive side of long-term travel would be to paint an incomplete picture of what it can do to your relationships, your body, and your mind.
- Is Meeting People the Best Part of Travel?
- Think it's tough to meet people while traveling? Read on to discover how to add another layer to your adventures.
- Travel Makes You A Better Person
- Maybe it sounds arrogant, but it isn't really, because it's true: Travel does make you a better person, but it's not about where you went or what you did. It's about what you learned and how you let that change you, and it's about what you do with that when you dive back into the real world.
- Give Memories, Not Things: Using Travel to Celebrate Milestones
- After living out of a backpack or bike panniers for over five years, Jenn Miller discusses why she'll take making memories with the people she loves over tangible gifts every single time.
- Lost Roots: The Failure of For-Profit Couchsurfing
- Last month, news broke that Couchsurfing, the web's largest travel social network, had its CEO step down, the latest in a long line of setbacks for the company. In this article, longtime Couchsurfer Nithin Coca explores how an idea with so much promise lost its foundation – its member-build base – leading to its present day downfall.
- Man On a Mission: How One Guy and His Guitar Can Change the World
- "Duane is one of those rare people who exudes optimism and confidence and at the same time humility and peace. He knows who he is, and he’s so comfortable in his own skin that everyone else is in theirs as well. He lives his life by the seat of his pants, by the strings of his guitar, and out of a deep faith that everything is going to work out just fine... and it does." Would you like to sit down at our dinner table and hear his story?