- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Travelers Travel Articles
What would travel be without other travelers? Sure, meeting locals is a great part of traveling, but so is meeting other travelers, and there are lots of you out there who are doing some pretty amazing things.
- The Eight Most Annoying Travelers You’ll Meet on the Road
- Travel can improve you, but it doesn't always: David Joshua Jennings presents a field guide to the eight most annoying types of travelers you may meet on the road.
- Tales From the Road: Getting Up Close and Personal
- How do you get beneath the skin of a country? Is it possible to experience the real place behind the tourist façade? What’s the best way to engage with local people? How can a deeper relationship with a place and its people benefit you? Here are the stories of travellers who have found ways to get up close and personal with the countries they have visited and how it has changed them.
Helen Moat finds out from other travellers she has connected with.
- The People You Meet While Traveling
- Buses get travelers where they need to go, and are often a cheaper alternative to trains. But bus rides are more than just transportation. On a bus trip from Dubrovnik, Croatia to Sarajevo, Bosnia, Joelle Renstrom encountered a passenger who made her realize that bus rides, international travel, and life itself are leaps all of faith.
- Picking Up a Hitchhiker
- Do you pick up hitchhikers? Jenn Miller does every chance she gets! Hop in the front seat and listen as she interviews Richard, a beautiful blend of scientist and traveler who stuck his thumb out on the road leading out of Te Anau, in New Zealand.
- Re-realizing the Dream: How to “Fix” Couchsurfing
- In this follow-up to his widely shared article on the fall of Couchsurfing, veteran host and surfer Nithin Coca puts forth his plan to save Couchsurfing, through transparency, empowerment, and, most importantly, a reassertion and expansion of the ideals that spurred Couchsurfing's initial growth.
- Armed with Words: One Woman’s Deployment to Afghanistan
- Jenn Miller travels for a living and meets a lot of interesting characters. Sit down on the bamboo floor and listen as she chats with Anne, a young girl who learned an obscure language so that she could change the world... but discovered that the world would change her.
- From Maine to Spain & Everything In Between
- The beauty of traveling is that it's different for everyone, including Alexandra Sagan Pope who ventured from Maine to Spain and back again.
- Elections, Eels, Castles, and Cathedrals
- When Sara Whitestone, an ESL teacher at a university in the United States, had a chance to visit some of her students in France, she jumped at the chance. Read what happens when her students became her teachers.
- Eight Reason Why Disabled Travelers Should Hit the Road
- Author Candy Harrington points out the many advantages of road trips for travelers with mobility issues.
- What your Zodiac Sign Says About your Travel Plans
- For those of you who have never checked your horoscope before hitting the road, now’s the time to find out where the stars best align for adventure-seekers like yourself. Megan Lee will let you know where your zodiac signs will take you.