- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Travelers Travel Articles
What would travel be without other travelers? Sure, meeting locals is a great part of traveling, but so is meeting other travelers, and there are lots of you out there who are doing some pretty amazing things.
- The People You Meet While Traveling
- Buses get travelers where they need to go, and are often a cheaper alternative to trains. But bus rides are more than just transportation. On a bus trip from Dubrovnik, Croatia to Sarajevo, Bosnia, Joelle Renstrom encountered a passenger who made her realize that bus rides, international travel, and life itself are leaps all of faith.
- Picking Up a Hitchhiker
- Do you pick up hitchhikers? Jenn Miller does every chance she gets! Hop in the front seat and listen as she interviews Richard, a beautiful blend of scientist and traveler who stuck his thumb out on the road leading out of Te Anau, in New Zealand.
- Re-realizing the Dream: How to “Fix” Couchsurfing
- In this follow-up to his widely shared article on the fall of Couchsurfing, veteran host and surfer Nithin Coca puts forth his plan to save Couchsurfing, through transparency, empowerment, and, most importantly, a reassertion and expansion of the ideals that spurred Couchsurfing's initial growth.
- Armed with Words: One Woman’s Deployment to Afghanistan
- Jenn Miller travels for a living and meets a lot of interesting characters. Sit down on the bamboo floor and listen as she chats with Anne, a young girl who learned an obscure language so that she could change the world... but discovered that the world would change her.
- From Maine to Spain & Everything In Between
- The beauty of traveling is that it's different for everyone, including Alexandra Sagan Pope who ventured from Maine to Spain and back again.
- Elections, Eels, Castles, and Cathedrals
- When Sara Whitestone, an ESL teacher at a university in the United States, had a chance to visit some of her students in France, she jumped at the chance. Read what happens when her students became her teachers.
- Eight Reason Why Disabled Travelers Should Hit the Road
- Author Candy Harrington points out the many advantages of road trips for travelers with mobility issues.
- What your Zodiac Sign Says About your Travel Plans
- For those of you who have never checked your horoscope before hitting the road, now’s the time to find out where the stars best align for adventure-seekers like yourself. Megan Lee will let you know where your zodiac signs will take you.
- Along the Gringo Trail: Backpacker Stereotypes
- As transient visitors, and consequently checking in and out of hostels constantly, any backpacker can tell you the chances to observe people are endless. Writer Jenna Longoria takes advantage of her surroundings while backpacking Latin America, and shares her findings with us in this article.
- Lessons from the Bartender
- Three things I learned from suspending my trip across Africa and becoming a bartender.