- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Trip Planning Travel Articles
There are multiple industries dedicated to helping you plan a trip. Skip the travel agent and peruse over 50 articles that will help you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, no matter the length or destination.
- Itineraries for Every Traveler
- Choosing an itinerary once you've decided to take a long-term trip is one of the hardest parts of planning such a trip. Vickie Lillo is here to offer 7 trip itineraries to help you out!
- A Unique Transport Option for Long-Term Travelers
- Interested in going across the ocean but don't want to fly? Andy and Becki Kremer find out first-hand what it's like to cruise across the Atlantic, and if it's a good option for the independent budget-traveler.
- Cruising Doesn’t Really Suck
- Indie travellers that scoff at the very thought of incorporating a cruise ship as an integral part of their next trip may be missing out.
- Maybe Organized Tours Aren’t So Bad After All?
- As an self proclaimed indie traveler, I should have an open mind about all types of travel, yet I've always been kinda snotty about organized tours. Then I met Laura, who got me to re-think my stance.
- 5 Trip Ideas To Inspire Your Planning
- You've decided to do it! You're taking off on a RTW adventure. But the world is huge! How do you begin to decide where to go? Vickie Lillo is here to offer 5 ideas to plan your big trip around.
- 5 Reasons to Add Overland Travel to Your Trip
- Overland travel is the epitome of independent travel - only you make the rules! Rachel Denning writes from the road about the advantages of this distinctive form of exploration.
- How I Overcame Obstacles to Travel the World
- For many of us, we have an illusion that the lack of money is what's holding us back from turning our dreams of traveling the world into a reality. Renee Lo Iacono, like so many other people, had to overcome this obstacle as well as many others in order to make her dream of traveling the world come true.
- A Practical Guide to Planning a Short RTW
- How much time do you have for a RTW trip? What do you have to consider in order to plan your adventure? Stacey Ebert has traveled on both a long and short RTW and shares her planning logistics for a short nine-week journey around the world.
- Why Recent College Grads Should Take Time to Travel
- Just graduated college or graduating soon? Frustrated about job prospects? Isabel Eva Bohrer shares tips on a travel option that you may not have thought of. A RTW trip could enhance your resume and make you stand out to prospective employers.
- Traveling with Friends
- All too often I have heard people lament their group of friends for letting their travel plans fall through due to getting “complicated.” I have found that planning a group trip is more manageable when tackled in parts rather than all at once. Consider this your guide.