- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Trip Planning Travel Articles
There are multiple industries dedicated to helping you plan a trip. Skip the travel agent and peruse over 50 articles that will help you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, no matter the length or destination.
- Enhance Your Resume with Travel
- Long-term unemployment is a difficult mental hurdle to overcome for those considering a RTW. But a gap in employment doesn't have to hurt your resume. Tara Shubbuck details a few marketable skills that anyone has the opportunity to learn or hone before departing.
- The Stopover Secret: How to Get More From Any Trip
- Have you heard of stopover flights before? If not, Adam Seper is here to let you in on a few secrets to make the most of your long term trip.
- Overplanning vs. Spontaneity
- How much should I plan? How much should I leave open? Planning a long term, RTW trip can cause headaches for first-timers. Luckily Adam Seper is here to help you ask yourself the right questions to make planning that first RTW trip much easier.
- Five Shoulder Seasons to Plan Your Trip Around
- Shoulder seasons:those delightful wedges between high and low seasons that offer decent weather, smaller crowds and a healthy potential for deals on hotels and airfare. Shoulder seasons indicate a drop in tourism demand, but not in intrinsic value. Melanie Waldman offers up tips for booking shoulder season deals in five regions around the world.
- Travel Hacking for Dummies
- Many travellers become fanatical about travel hacking, but let’s face it, not everyone has a credit card. So, does this mean that travel hacking is only for those of a certain class? In a word, no!
- 5 Questions To Ask When Planning Your Big Trip
- Are you planning your first big trip? Jenn Miller shares five questions to ask yourself before you dive in.
- How to Use a Guidebook Without Letting it Ruin Your Trip
- Some travelers are very against using guidebooks on the road. Steve Bramucci is one of them, but here he shares advice on how to get a lot out of the things in spite of the potential pitfalls.
- Itineraries for Every Traveler
- Choosing an itinerary once you've decided to take a long-term trip is one of the hardest parts of planning such a trip. Vickie Lillo is here to offer 7 trip itineraries to help you out!
- A Unique Transport Option for Long-Term Travelers
- Interested in going across the ocean but don't want to fly? Andy and Becki Kremer find out first-hand what it's like to cruise across the Atlantic, and if it's a good option for the independent budget-traveler.
- Cruising Doesn’t Really Suck
- Indie travellers that scoff at the very thought of incorporating a cruise ship as an integral part of their next trip may be missing out.