- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Trip Planning Travel Articles
There are multiple industries dedicated to helping you plan a trip. Skip the travel agent and peruse over 50 articles that will help you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, no matter the length or destination.
- Travel Hacking for Dummies
- Many travellers become fanatical about travel hacking, but let’s face it, not everyone has a credit card. So, does this mean that travel hacking is only for those of a certain class? In a word, no!
- 5 Questions To Ask When Planning Your Big Trip
- Are you planning your first big trip? Jenn Miller shares five questions to ask yourself before you dive in.
- How to Use a Guidebook Without Letting it Ruin Your Trip
- Some travelers are very against using guidebooks on the road. Steve Bramucci is one of them, but here he shares advice on how to get a lot out of the things in spite of the potential pitfalls.
- Planning a U.S. National Parks Trip
- If you'd like to experience the more natural side of the United States, look no further than its nearly 400 national parks. JoAnna Haugen tells you what you need to know before you go.
- Itineraries for Every Traveler
- Choosing an itinerary once you've decided to take a long-term trip is one of the hardest parts of planning such a trip. Vickie Lillo is here to offer 7 trip itineraries to help you out!
- A Unique Transport Option for Long-Term Travelers
- Interested in going across the ocean but don't want to fly? Andy and Becki Kremer find out first-hand what it's like to cruise across the Atlantic, and if it's a good option for the independent budget-traveler.
- Cruising Doesn’t Really Suck
- Indie travellers that scoff at the very thought of incorporating a cruise ship as an integral part of their next trip may be missing out.
- Maybe Organized Tours Aren’t So Bad After All?
- As an self proclaimed indie traveler, I should have an open mind about all types of travel, yet I've always been kinda snotty about organized tours. Then I met Laura, who got me to re-think my stance.
- 5 Trip Ideas To Inspire Your Planning
- You've decided to do it! You're taking off on a RTW adventure. But the world is huge! How do you begin to decide where to go? Vickie Lillo is here to offer 5 ideas to plan your big trip around.
- 5 Reasons to Add Overland Travel to Your Trip
- Overland travel is the epitome of independent travel - only you make the rules! Rachel Denning writes from the road about the advantages of this distinctive form of exploration.