- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Trip Planning Travel Articles
There are multiple industries dedicated to helping you plan a trip. Skip the travel agent and peruse over 50 articles that will help you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, no matter the length or destination.
- Traveling with Friends
- All too often I have heard people lament their group of friends for letting their travel plans fall through due to getting “complicated.” I have found that planning a group trip is more manageable when tackled in parts rather than all at once. Consider this your guide.
- Endless Summer: Chasing Beach Season Around the World
- Just like it’s always 5 o’clock somewhere for happy hour, it’s always beach season somewhere in the world. Spencer Spellman takes us on a tour of some of the best beaches by season, so you can soak up the sun no matter what the time of year.
- The Art of Traveling in Developing Countries
- The developing world has a lot to offer the adventurous traveler but it's not without its downsides. Zoë Smith offers some advice on how to keep safe and stay sane...
- 13 Ways to Beat Travel Planning Burnout
- Most people dive in head first when first making that decision to go on a big trip. You will devour guidebooks, travel websites, blogs, books, movies, and television shows, reading and watching everything you can get your hands on. The planning consumes and takes over your life. After a while, you feel confident in how your trip is shaping up, and there really isn't much else to do until those last few frantic weeks of getting everything finalized and taking off. So what do you do in the meantime? What can travelers to do to keep themselves occupied and excited about the trip in those months in between initial excitement and planning and those last couple weeks before departure?
- RTW Travel Themes: 9 Epic Quests to Inspire Your Trip
- One of the first and biggest challenges that long-term trip planners face is trying to decide where to go. From cycling the Pan American highway to visiting all the countries of the former Soviet Union, here are a few ideas to get you started.
- King of the Road: A Guide to Buying your Own Wheels in Australia
- Marco Ferrarese has driven across the length and breadth of the country living out of a van. He will give you some important tips on how to buy your own vehicle ,comply with registration and road taxes, and survive the Outback without losing your sanity.
- 3 Australian Road Trips to Plan Your Trip Around
- Australia is a country that begs to be driven, from the Great Ocean Road, to the coast of Western Australia, right up through the Outback and the Red Center; Jenn Miller invites you to take a week, or a month, or six months, and explore beyond the highlights of Australia!
- 65 Links To Help You Travel Around the World
- Thinking about a round-the-world or extended trip? We organized some of our favorite resources - from BootsnAll and some of our friends - to help inspire you and help you plan that big trip.
- Five of the World’s Most Expensive Countries
- Round the world travelers know that visiting cheaper destinations can help you travel longer on a smaller budget. But what if one of your dream destinations just happens to be a pricey one? Adam Seper explores five of the world's most expensive countries and explains how you can save money on your visit.
- From Dreaming To Doing In 4 Weeks
- Travel planning can feel like a marathon task, which, if you let it, can run on for longer than your trip. With the right mix of momentum and focus, most trips can be planned in as little as 4-weeks, and Jo Fitzsimons shows you how.