- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Trip Planning Travel Articles
There are multiple industries dedicated to helping you plan a trip. Skip the travel agent and peruse over 50 articles that will help you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, no matter the length or destination.
- Five of the World’s Most Expensive Countries
- Round the world travelers know that visiting cheaper destinations can help you travel longer on a smaller budget. But what if one of your dream destinations just happens to be a pricey one? Adam Seper explores five of the world's most expensive countries and explains how you can save money on your visit.
- From Dreaming To Doing In 4 Weeks
- Travel planning can feel like a marathon task, which, if you let it, can run on for longer than your trip. With the right mix of momentum and focus, most trips can be planned in as little as 4-weeks, and Jo Fitzsimons shows you how.
- The Evolution of Planning a Big Trip
- Transforming the vague into the particular - Rachel Laidler experiences the highs, lows, and unavoidable complexities of planning a Big Trip.
- RV Road Trip Considerations
- 2013 is the "Year of the Road Trip" for Jenn Miller, and she shares what she's learned from the road-school of hard knocks about RVing on several continents. Considering an extended RV journey? Here are some questions to ask and points to consider.
- Why Two Week Trips are Important
- In the world of long-term travel, it can seem like the two week trip doesn't matter. Lifestyle travelers scoff at anything less than "real" travel. Five and a half years in, Jenn Miller reminds us that big things often grow out of small beginnings and points out why, if two weeks is all you have, short trips matter all the more.
- Why a Home Exchange is a Great Indie Travel Experience
- When Margaret Foley and her family began traveling using home exchanges, they discovered that nothing about home life is universal.
- 10 Countries to Traverse by Foot
- For those with little time to spare and many miles to march, here are ten countries where walking from border to border won’t take you an eternity.
- Are Guidebooks Necessary for the Current Traveler?
- We use guidebooks to plan our itineraries, learn about a country's culture and history, find accommodation, and much more. They help create our experiences and provide a foundation in how we perceive and understand the place we are traveling. In this article, David Jennings takes a closer look on how these books are produced and what consequences their usage has on the world.
- Why Planning a Multi-Stop Trip Shouldn’t Be Difficult
- Planning a round the world trip can often be more difficult than taking the leap of faith to actually do it, especially when it comes to fights. With the advent of Indie, BootsnAll's new multi-country flight finder, planning just got a whole lot easier.
- The Top 10 Easiest Countries To Get Into
- Thinking About Your Next Trip? How About Traveling to These 10 Hassle-Free Countries. Addison Sears-Collins shows us how.