- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Volunteering Travel Articles
Volunteering is a huge part of the travel industry, and for many long-term indie travelers, it’s the backbone of a big trip. There is a lot of conflicting information out there regarding volunteering, so check out the articles we have on the topic to learn more.
- How to Get Started with Voluntourism
- Ready to make a difference somewhere in the world but not sure what to do next? Abbie Mood offers advice on getting started with voluntourism.
- How Volunteering Changed Me
- While many travelers to Thailand go to find beautiful beaches and energetic nightlife, Jessica Festa heads to the hills of Chiang Rai to save a village, and find herself.
- Create Your Own NGO: Give Back to the Local Economy
- Leave a lasting positive footprint by creating your own NGO. Isabel Eva Bohrer shares how.
- Top 5 Countries to Volunteer Outdoors in for Adventurous Travelers
- Adventure travel and volunteer travel both offer a unique perspective on a new destination. Katie Boyer is here to offer 5 of the top destinations for combining adventure travel with volunteering.
- 6 Countries for Volunteer English Teaching
- Whether it’s with a Korean academy or the Spanish government, finding teaching jobs abroad is a relatively easy way to work overseas. While these one-year jobs are common, some people find that volunteer teaching offers more flexibility, or a way to become more directly involved with the local community.
- 7 Ways to Work with Wildlife Abroad
- Have you always dreamt about working with wildlife abroad, but don't know how to get started? Isabel Eva Bohrer shares 7 ways to make a difference with flora and fauna all over the globe.
- 8 Secrets to Guilt-Free Travel in Developing Nations
- With a bit of consideration, pre-planning and sensitivity, there’s no reason why traveling in the developing world can’t be a positive experience all-round. Zoë Smith offers some food-for-thought advice for traveling in the world’s poorest regions.
- See Spot Live: The Dog Lovers’ Guide to Global Volunteer Work
- Every year hundreds or thousands of us leave our dogs with family members, pet sitters and friends in order to heed the call of the open road. Leaving your children behind, no matter how many legs they have, is never easy. Yet, we go. For volunteer travelers, however, there may be some solace.
- From Tourist to Agent of Change: What You Need to Know About Voluntourism
- Is voluntourism for you? Ariana Salvo shares some insights from her recent expedition to an organic cocoa farming community in the Dominican Republic and offers a few things to consider before you get started with voluntourism.
- Five Reasons Not to Join the Peace Corps
- Jill Nawrocki spent two years in Namibia as a Peace Corps Volunteer. She thinks there are a lot of reasons to sign up for this life-changing experience. Here are her top five reasons not to.