Volunteering Travel Articles
Volunteering is a huge part of the travel industry, and for many long-term indie travelers, it’s the backbone of a big trip. There is a lot of conflicting information out there regarding volunteering, so check out the articles we have on the topic to learn more.
- How to Find WWOOFing Opportunities in Hawaii
- Interested in a longer, more affordable Hawaiian vacation and gaining some experience in Hawaiian farming? Give Wwoofing in Hawaii a shot!
- Global Voluntourism: You Want Me to Pay to do What?
- Naysayers will likely be disgruntled by the notion of paid voluntourism for decades to come, but zoologist/travel writer Nola Lee Kelsey offers some food for thought for travelers who still have an open mind on the topic of paying to volunteer.
- How to Volunteer at an Animal Shelter Abroad
- Can't live without your pet, but can't bring him along while you travel the world? Laura-Claire Corson offers advice for those considering volunteering at an animal shelter abroad.
- 5 Reasons Living in a Less Developed Country is Better Than Living At Home
- Some people might feel that moving to a so-called "less developed" country is filled with sacrifices, but Rachel Denning has done it more than once, and here she gives us 5 reasons why she actually prefers it.
- The Financial Crisis: 5 Reasons Why It’s a Perfect Excuse to Volunteer Abroad
- If you've been laid off, you should know that you have options. Instead of spending your days draining your savings while you wade through every job opportunities board on the Internet, why not volunteer abroad?
- Long-Term Volunteering – How to Get Started
- Are you considering spending several months or more volunteering abroad? Expert Laura-Claire Corson guides you through some pros and cons, and helps you get started in your quest.
- Is Voluntourism a Dirty Word?
- The subject of volunteering your time while traveling is surprisingly controversial, so Lucy Corne examines the pros and cons, and gives advice on finding the best opportunities.