- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Oceania Travel Articles
Australia and New Zealand are popular destinations for independent travelers, and each offers something unique. From backpacker buses to campervans to wineries, BootsnAll has been publishing travel articles and features on Oz and NZ since 1999. If you are going, grab a cup of coffee or a bottle of beer, and prepare to spend a few hours reading through this category.
- A Case for Car Camping in New Zealand
- Taking a road trip is the best way to explore the unique landscapes of New Zealand, as you’ll be up front with nature as well as free to create your own path. Annie Shustrin explains why renting a car and sleeping under the stars the best way to experience the quintessential New Zealand road trip
- A Day in the Life: New Zealand
- If you were to send your five year old out into the front yard armed with three jumbo bags of cotton balls and the instruction to distribute them evenly across the entire green space, the result would approximate the manner in which sheep dot the landscape of the hillsides of New Zealand.
- Australian Outback
- There is nothing in the red center of Australia. Except the beating heart of a continent.
- King of the Road: A Guide to Buying your Own Wheels in Australia
- Marco Ferrarese has driven across the length and breadth of the country living out of a van. He will give you some important tips on how to buy your own vehicle ,comply with registration and road taxes, and survive the Outback without losing your sanity.
- 3 Australian Road Trips to Plan Your Trip Around
- Australia is a country that begs to be driven, from the Great Ocean Road, to the coast of Western Australia, right up through the Outback and the Red Center; Jenn Miller invites you to take a week, or a month, or six months, and explore beyond the highlights of Australia!
- The ABCs of traveling in New Zealand
- Inspired by her indie road and rail trip across New Zealand, Arundhati assembles an alphabetic account of the country’s many attractions ranging from glowworm caves to glaciers, interspersed with geothermal attractions, lakes, and a few million sheep.
- 9 World Class Wine Regions in New Zealand
- New Zealand has a variety of landscapes and climates compacted into a small archipelago, many of which are perfect for wine production. Whitney Cox explores nine of New Zealand's tastiest wine regions.
- Independent Travel Nirvana
- New Zealand may be the top country for long-term, independent travel, and Whitney Cox shares some of the reasons why.
- Five Local Secrets for the Best Experiences in Australia’s Red Center
- It can be hard to avoid the tourist trail when exploring Australia's red center. Here are Rachelle Balez's secrets for a unique way to experience the outback and couple of experiences only the locals know about.
- Incredible Cultural Experiences in Australia and New Zealand
- Whitney Cox shows you how to get a feel for life Down Under with some of the incredible cultural experiences available in Australia and New Zealand.