- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
RTW Travel Travel Articles
BootsnAll has been connecting Independent travelers since 1998, and the RTW (Round the World) trip is the pinnacle of an independent travel experience. Peruse over 60 articles about RTW travel, from inspirational articles meant to give you that extra kick out the door, to articles helping you plan the nuts and bolts of your trip, to a free 30-day planning course that will give you all the tools necessary to plan the king of all indie trips.
- The Realities of a Location Independent Life
- Are you considering making the leap to a Location Independent career? Lusting over those "at the beach with laptop" photos circulating annoyingly on Facebook? Jenn Miller and her husband are well into their sixth year of full time travel, working as they go. She's sharing some of the realities of what it means to work on the road.
- Why You Should Add the Middle East to Your Big Trip
- If you pay attention to the news at all, we are told to fear the Middle East. Why don't we instead listen to someone who has actually been to the region as a traveler? Paris Marx shows us there's a lot for travelers to discover, safely, if you quit listening to the fear mongering.
- How Long-Term Travel Made Me a Better Parent
- Jenn Miller steps outside th Mommy Wars to share how travel has made her a better parent
- A Practical Guide to Planning a Short RTW
- How much time do you have for a RTW trip? What do you have to consider in order to plan your adventure? Stacey Ebert has traveled on both a long and short RTW and shares her planning logistics for a short nine-week journey around the world.
- Slow Down!
- With your map unrolled on the dining room table, it's tempting to keep adding dots to your itinerary. After all, you don't want to miss anything! Grab a glass of wine and sit down with Jenn Miller as she explains why they've learned to travel slower, and see the benefits of a less hectic pace for long-term travel.
- 10 Unfortunate Byproducts of Long-Term Travel
- There are people who make the assumption that long-term travel is like being on vacation forever: waking up late, other people doing your laundry, drinks delivered poolside, cheap massages and a general disregard for the temporal realities. Nothing could be further from the truth. Jenn Miller points out ten unfortunate side effects of long-term travel that are impossible to avoid.
- Rolf Potts’ Original Vagabonding Story
- In October of 2014, Meet, Plan, Go hosted its annual career break event. A host of career break and long-term travel experts gathered to inspire and help those hoping to take that leap of faith and get on the road. The keynote was delivered by Rolf Potts, who told his original Vagabonding story.
- Deciding Where to Go
- Now that you've made the decision to go on a RTW trip, what's next? The planning seems overwhelming at times, so that's why Adam Seper is here to give you tips on how to choose your destinations and route.
- Getting the Most Value with Your Route
- We used data to build our Top Destinations List for 2015, and today we're going to put that data into action. Check out 8 bookable routes to inspire your route planning, and see how using the top destinations to build your flight path offers tremendous value.
- A New Year’s Resolution: Get Over Your Irrational Fears
- Jenn Miller discusses the fears that hold us back, and how to overcome those that we allow to become irrational and paralyze us. Yes, there are things to be afraid of, but it's important to keep those things in perspective, and there are ways to overcome those fears.