South Asia Travel Articles
- Volunteering in Southern India – Asia
- Volunteering provided Dawn Kane with a new lens to view her own culture, and a different perspective on what makes for a satisfying and rich existence.
- Vicissitudes of Language – Asia
Misha Gitberg shares some inadvertent and common traps of language while travelling in Turkey, India and Asia.
- This is India – Asia
- Fasten your seat belts. Misha Gitberg takes you on the drive from hell - in India, as a passenger, all limbs in tact, barely.
- Chai with Baba – Chitai, India, Asia
- Graham Smart finds that there are many paths to enlightenment, at least an extra cup of chai. This one begins with walking a dog on a Himalayan hillside near Chitai.
- Land of Contrasts: India – Asia
When Sherry Ott clicked on the "purchase" button for her 5-week volunteer work in India, she wondered if she was crazy. Looking back, she laughs now.
- A Functioning Anarchy: India Traffic – Asia
- Sherry Ott takes you through the intricacies and humor of driving in India.
- Trekking Beautiful Bhutan – Asia
- Bhutan's beautiful country and friendly people will capture your heart, as it did for Barbara Colliander.
- Surviving Mumbai: From the Airport to Victoria Station – India, Asia
Josh Bloomer lands in Mumbai/Bombay with no preparation. He negotiates a ticket to Goa, getting a full dose of the famous Mumbai heat. In 36 hours, he feels he has been in India for weeks.
- Snippets of India – Asia
- Sheli Snir reflects on the changes she has undergone after seven months of traveling through India.
- Pushy Pushkar – India, Asia
- Something about the energy in Pushkar made Sheli Snir tired. Was it the backpackers, the Israelis, the locals, the Brahmin priest, or something else?