Ushuaia Travel Articles
- On Going South – Antarctica, Argentina
- Before you can experience Antarctica, you have to get there. Read what Bjørn Christian Tørrissen has to say about what that can be like.
- Sailing to Antarctica
- Carl Boyer's passage was rated a six on a scale of ten - a ten meaning turning into the wind for ten hours at full speed and losing three nautical miles in the process.
- An Impossible Battle against the Patagonian Wind – Argentina, South America
On her first ever bicycle tour, Melanie Butchers did something a guidebook said was "impossible".
- Ushuaia, Argentina – General Info
- Geography Tierra del Fuego (Land of Fire) is located on the banks of the Beagle Channel. Ushuaia is the capital of the province, the most southerly city in the world, and the open door to the immense and mysterious Antarctica. In total, the archipelago of Tierra del Fuego covers an area slightly smaller than Ireland, […]
- The Ultimate End of the Earth, Ushuaia
- When I was a poor, penniless student sharing a house with a bunch of gay social workers in West London we had a huge map of the world in our bathroom. On days when the boys weren’t crimping their hair or painting their nails I would spend hours sitting in the bath staring at this […]